ABF--destroy---then--restore?

Post by JAMES TO » Fri, 21 Apr 1995 04:00:00

A developer accidentally destroyed an application in ABF and no other
things have been changes. All the source code still there.  We checked
the ii_object table, all objects still exist.

Then, we did the following:
1.  Went back to ABF, re-created the application (only the name, no
    elements).
2.  Went into the application, re-created one of frame.  We got the
    forms and the source code back

The question I have is: instead of restore one frame at a time, there
are any other ways that can restore the whole application at once?

Any help will be appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

ABF--destroy---then--restore?

Post by in.. » Sat, 22 Apr 1995 04:00:00

> A developer accidentally destroyed an application in ABF and no other
> things have been changes. All the source code still there.  We checked
> the ii_object table, all objects still exist.

> Then, we did the following:
> 1.  Went back to ABF, re-created the application (only the name, no
>     elements).
> 2.  Went into the application, re-created one of frame.  We got the
>     forms and the source code back

> The question I have is: instead of restore one frame at a time, there
> are any other ways that can restore the whole application at once?

> Any help will be appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

If you had made a copy of the application by using the COPYAPP utility you
could always restore your application.  If you haven't, then think about
doing it periodically in the future :)

K. Lalchand

1. ODP: Destroying many ABF frames

From the iiprtqry.log of a frame destroying session
it seems Ingres 2.5 only deletes a record from ii_objects
leaving a record in ii_abfobjects which references non-existing object_id.