How do I uninstall P.SQL 2000 SP2 and replace it with P.SQL 7

How do I uninstall P.SQL 2000 SP2 and replace it with P.SQL 7

Post by Guy Dawso » Sat, 20 Jan 2001 03:34:22

Hi,

I have a test server on which P.SQL 2000 SP2 has been installed. I
don't have access to the original workstation from which the install
was done.

I need to install P.SQL 7. If I try this the newer P.SQL 2000 files
don't get overwritten by the P.SQL 7 install procedure. Short of
rebuilding the server, is there a way to remove P.SQL 2000?

All this is on Netware 5.1 SP2 by the way.

TIA,
Guy
-- --------------------------------------------------------------------
Guy Dawson                    I.T. Manager              Crossflight Ltd

How do I uninstall P.SQL 2000 SP2 and replace it with P.SQL 7

Post by Gordo » Wed, 24 Jan 2001 19:26:07

There's a cleanup utility you can download from the Pervasive website.
Go to the download section and search for cleanup.exe.

>Hi,

>I have a test server on which P.SQL 2000 SP2 has been installed. I
>don't have access to the original workstation from which the install
>was done.

>I need to install P.SQL 7. If I try this the newer P.SQL 2000 files
>don't get overwritten by the P.SQL 7 install procedure. Short of
>rebuilding the server, is there a way to remove P.SQL 2000?

>All this is on Netware 5.1 SP2 by the way.

>TIA,
>Guy
>-- --------------------------------------------------------------------
>Guy Dawson                    I.T. Manager              Crossflight Ltd

 Gordon Bos
 Q-RY Solutions
 +31-(0)15-2564035

 http://www.q-ry.nl/

Post by Guy Dawso » Thu, 25 Jan 2001 01:26:33

> There's a cleanup utility you can download from the Pervasive website.
> Go to the download section and search for cleanup.exe.

Thanks. I think I'm being dumb as I can't find it.

I've looked arround the site and other than the site search box (which
does not find cleanup.exe) I can't see any other search options. Nor
can I find the program in any of the download sections.

TIA,
Guy
-- --------------------------------------------------------------------
Guy Dawson                    I.T. Manager              Crossflight Ltd

1. NW server abend - P.SQL 2000 SP3 client to P.SQL 2000 SP2 server

Hi,

I've just managed to crash our netware server. I was trying to create
a new database on our server when it abended and rebooted.

We're using the following software:

Server
        Netware 5.1 SP2a
        Compaq NSSD6.20 drivers
        P.SQL 2000 SP2

Client
        Windows 2000 SP2
        P.SQL 2000i SP3

All was fine until it came to actually create the database. I clicked
the button and the server then crashed!

Has anyone seen this? I though that newer clients were ment to work
with older servers (within reason)...

I have been able to create the database on another machine which is
running P.SQL 2000i SP3.

Any thoughts?

Guy
-- --------------------------------------------------------------------
Guy Dawson                    I.T. Manager              Crossflight Ltd

2. Practical Limits to the Number of Concurrent Users.

3. Upgarding P.SQL 7 to P.SQL 2000

4. Looking for middleware to connect to multiple databases

5. Uninstalling P.SQL

6. Transactional Publication grreyed out

7. P.SQL 2000 performance on NetWare vs. NT/2000

8. SQLLogKeys Error

9. Switching from Btrieve 6.15.445 to P.SQL V7.0, SP2

10. P.SQL 2000i and a P.SQL2000 SP2 license disk

11. Applying P.SQL & SP2 to Novell 4.11

12. P.SQL Btrieve API trouble with VB6 (doing a Get Next Extended)

13. P.SQL 2000 WG & Delphi 6 connectivity