I'm traying to connect our main Progress 7.3c database running
in a IBM RS6000-R40 machine with AIX 4.2, with a PC running Delphi3 and
VB4 applications .
I've downloaded the OpenLink Lite for Progress8 Large (32 bit) ODBC
driver and now I'm trying to use it, but I get no connection.
- In main computer the database is started with -S myservice -N
- In my PC running Win95, I've installed Progress 7.3d client,
ODBC data source administrator(latest version)
- I've configurated a datasource with the following session
-db MyMainDatabase -S myservice -H myhost -N TCP
- Both computers have the host and service files configurated
- If I connect my PC Progress client to the Main database the
connection is established without any problem
- If I'm trying to connect the Main database using the OpenLink
demo programm I'm getting every time an error :
Message : [OpenLink][ODBC][Driver] connection rejected by data
What is wrong in my scenario ?
Is possible to connect Progress server running in a UNIX machine
with PC running Win95 in an efficient mode ?
Thank in advance for your help.
* Tiboldi Kalman * TVH Forklift Parts * Tel: +3256434295 *
* URL : www.tvh.be * 8560 Gullegem , Belgium *