Looking for SQL semantics specification

Post by Jungyun S » Wed, 19 Dec 1990 04:35:01

Does anyone know of a denotational semantics for SQL, e.g., a
description of the meaning of SQL programs in terms of the relational
algebra?  I'm looking for something analogous to the Revised^n Report
on Scheme, which describes the meaning of Scheme programs in terms of
a standard denotational model.  Since I am not a regular reader of
this group, please reply directly to my e-mail address.

Thanks for any leads.

Jungyun Seo
1      Jungyun Seo         UUCP:  uunet!cs.utexas.edu!seo                     1