Ingres II 2.6 and PHP with Apache,Linux / Connection problem

Ingres II 2.6 and PHP with Apache,Linux / Connection problem

Post by Eric Lecorch » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 00:18:38

Hi,

Yes, I know that the problem has been already raised and solved in
in these cases with our configuration we are unable to make the
connection between our PHP client and the Ingres database.

The environment is the following :
PHP 4.3.1
Ingres II 2.6/0207 (int.lnx/02)
Linux Red Hat 7.3

When we try to connect, the connection is denied with the following
error : E_GC1008-INVALID_USER in the errlog.log

Obviously, we checked before that the user (default or specified into
the Ingres_connect PHP statement) is a valid one.

The script which starts Apache exports II_SYSTEM to "/home"

Also, having searched accross already posted threads for this kind of
problem we configured the server as the following :

ii.lindvs.gcf.mech.ingres.enabled:      true
ii.lindvs.gcf.mech.null.enabled:        true
ii.lindvs.gcf.mech.system.enabled:      true
ii.lindvs.gcf.mechanism_location:       /home/ingres/lib
ii.lindvs.gcf.mechanisms:
ii.lindvs.gcf.remote_auth_error:        ignore
ii.lindvs.gcf.security_mechanism:       system

and also tried the last entry to "null" or "ingres" (by the way our
system accounts are managed through NIS)

At least, the result is deseparately always the same ...

Any help would be (greatly) appreciated !

Lcorch Eric

GANIL

Grand Accelerateur National d'Ions Lourds

BP 55027 14076 Caen Cedex 5 France

Tel    : (0)2 31 45 47 35
Fax    : (0)2 31 45 47 28

web    : http://www.ganil.fr

Ingres II 2.6 and PHP with Apache,Linux / Connection problem

Post by Mason, Pa » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 02:16:25

Eric,

I suspect your problem here is bug 109928 - where mkvalidpw on Linux with NIS fails. A fix is currently in progress. I suggest you raise a support issue to get a fix as soon as one is available.

Regards
Paul Mason

Ingres II 2.6 and PHP with Apache,Linux / Connection problem

Post by Croker, Gra » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 01:58:05

Eric,

Have you checked which user is running the web server? Also that the web server user is a valid ingres user with the 'Security Admin' Privilege?

Regards

grant

Yes, I know that the problem has been already raised and solved in previous threads in this forum but even checking which has been adviced in these cases with our configuration we are unable to make the connection between our PHP client and the Ingres database.

[...]

Post by Eric Bretau » Thu, 17 Apr 2003 20:42:25

Try to change on CBF/security/system:

security_mechanism: ingres
security_mechanism: null

HTH

> Hi,

> Yes, I know that the problem has been already raised and solved in
> in these cases with our configuration we are unable to make the
> connection between our PHP client and the Ingres database.

> The environment is the following :
> PHP 4.3.1
> Ingres II 2.6/0207 (int.lnx/02)
> Linux Red Hat 7.3

> When we try to connect, the connection is denied with the following
> error : E_GC1008-INVALID_USER in the errlog.log

> Obviously, we checked before that the user (default or specified into
> the Ingres_connect PHP statement) is a valid one.

> The script which starts Apache exports II_SYSTEM to "/home"

> Also, having searched accross already posted threads for this kind of
> problem we configured the server as the following :

> ii.lindvs.gcf.mech.ingres.enabled:      true
> ii.lindvs.gcf.mech.null.enabled:        true
> ii.lindvs.gcf.mech.system.enabled:      true
> ii.lindvs.gcf.mechanism_location:       /home/ingres/lib
> ii.lindvs.gcf.mechanisms:
> ii.lindvs.gcf.remote_auth_error:        ignore
> ii.lindvs.gcf.security_mechanism:       system

> and also tried the last entry to "null" or "ingres" (by the way our
> system accounts are managed through NIS)

> At least, the result is deseparately always the same ...

> Any help would be (greatly) appreciated !

> Lcorch Eric

> GANIL

> Grand Accelerateur National d'Ions Lourds

> BP 55027 14076 Caen Cedex 5 France

> Tel    : (0)2 31 45 47 35
> Fax    : (0)2 31 45 47 28

> web    : http://www.ganil.fr

1. Ingres II for Linux connection with Apache through ICE

Hi,

I am currently trying Ingres II for Linux and I am having some problem to
install ICE with my Apache Server.

The apache server is started by user "Ingres" and I used PassEnv for
II_SYSTEM and LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
I also installed mod_env with apxs.

But everytimes I start iceinst, I get a message telling me that II_SYSTEm
has not been passed.

Could someone help me please?

I am currently using RedHat 5.1 and Apache version 1.3.3.

Thanks in advance.

David Jacquens

2. intel

3. ingres II , Apache and php

4. Problem accessing System table in Microsoft Access via ODBC

5. Ingres II, RedHat, Apache, PHP

6. Transaction safe Truncate

7. ICE on Linux (Ingres 2.6 SDK) fails, Segmentation Fault (11) Apache Server

8. Financial Situation of Versant

9. Linux, Apache, Ingres, Php

10. connecting to SQL Server 7 from Linux / Apache / PHP

11. access via linux-apache-php

12. Oracle and PHP on a Linux server with Apache