HELP: Filemaker Pro Relationship dilemma?

HELP: Filemaker Pro Relationship dilemma?

Post by Joshua Lippine » Tue, 23 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I have a problem.  I have three dBs.
1 - Members: Contains a unique id and member detail
2 - Demographics: Contains two fields, Demo_Id and Demo_Name (example of
Demo_name may be "Gender")
3 - MemberDemographics: Contains MemberID, DemoID and Demo_Value.

I want to create a layout where you select the MemberID and it lists all of
the DemoIDs and Demo_Names that exist from the Demographics file.  The
problem is that I need to link the two files on DemoID and since no demoId
exists in MemberDemographics, this is a problem.  Does anyone know how to
either do this easily or how to populate MemberDemographics with every
DemoID as it is created in Demographics.

Josh

HELP: Filemaker Pro Relationship dilemma?

Post by Iamtha » Wed, 24 Jun 1998 04:00:00

A good idea for questions about FMP is to post in comp.databases.filemaker

HELP: Filemaker Pro Relationship dilemma?

Post by Jim Fis » Wed, 24 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Where did you think you were posting that message to ?

1. HELP: Filemaker Pro Relationship dilemma?

I have a problem.  I have three dBs.
1 - Members: Contains a unique id and member detail
2 - Demographics: Contains two fields, Demo_Id and Demo_Name (example of
Demo_name may be "Gender")
3 - MemberDemographics: Contains MemberID, DemoID and Demo_Value.

I want to create a layout where you select the MemberID and it lists all of
the DemoIDs and Demo_Names that exist from the Demographics file.  The
problem is that I need to link the two files on DemoID and since no demoId
exists in MemberDemographics, this is a problem.  Does anyone know how to
either do this easily or how to populate MemberDemographics with every
DemoID as it is created in Demographics.

Josh

2. Remote SQL Data Access (Offline Data files)

3. Relationships and FileMaker Pro

4. Y2k compliance

5. Filemaker Pro Server V3 and Filemaker Pro V5.5

6. APT-SQL connect & SQL Server

7. Filemaker Pro Unlimited or Filemaker Pro Server?

8. Clean Shutdown?

9. PC Filemaker Pro v3 file to Mac Filemaker Pro 2.1

10. Help: Easy questions for Portal/Relationship Pro

11. filemaker server and filemaker pro unlimited

12. SQL and filemaker files in filemaker Pro 6.0