Active Button in Dialogs

Post by Justified And Ancien » Wed, 19 Jan 1994 12:38:38

>FoxPro 2.0 DOS displays the currently chosen buttons of a dialog in a special
>color (e.g. have a look at those buttons in the FoxPro About Box). But it only
>likes to do this if the last user input was entered by the keyboard. Choosing
>the about box by mouse clicks presents no information about the active button.
>Because my dialogs show quite the same error I would like to  get a unique
>display in both cases always showing the active button. Is there any idea.

Make sure you have a SHOW GETS as part of the valid clause of the buttons.

When you select a button with the mouse, FoxPro does not perform a
SHOW GETS because it is expecting that the mouse click with cause
another action to occur, which will do screen updates by itself.

***CAUTION*** Do not put a SHOW GETS in as part of the refresh clause
of the screen.  SHOW GETS activates the refresh clause.
--

=My thoughts, my posts, my ideas, my responsibility, my beer, my pizza.  OK???=
=I would never include Vicki Robinson in my .sig.  No way.  Never.  Forget it.=

Active Button in Dialogs

Post by u.. » Wed, 19 Jan 1994 05:32:20

FoxPro 2.0 DOS displays the currently chosen buttons of a dialog in a special
color (e.g. have a look at those buttons in the FoxPro About Box). But it only
likes to do this if the last user input was entered by the keyboard. Choosing
the about box by mouse clicks presents no information about the active button.
Because my dialogs show quite the same error I would like to  get a unique
display in both cases always showing the active button. Is there any idea.
Thank you in advance.

1. How to display dialog box with no buttons?

Hi,

I have a program that can create ASCII files.

When the user clicks on a menu item, a file (with contents from a table)
will be created. While the user waits for the job to be completed, I want to
prompt a dialog box with the message 'File being created, please wait...'
with no buttons. When the job completes, I want to make the dialog box
disappear.

How do I do it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
T C

2. processes sspawned by 7.1

3. Pdoxwin 5.0 VIEW Dialog Box - Cancel Button

4. Delete never finishes

5. Divide by Zero or Overflow Error while using browse button in table selection dialog

6. dbExecDirect???? in OpenRecordSet() and Execute() function

7. CANEL BUTTON IN DIALOG BOXES

8. dynaset not supported by ODBC

9. CANEL button in dialog boxes

10. Buttons and Dialogs Mac Ver 5

11. Question : change active tab at Micr Tabbed Dialog in VB 5.0

12. Changing active windows with a button

13. Cost associated with going from SQL active/passive to Active/active