Ingres/Net & Win95?

Post by Al Gi » Fri, 23 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Rumor here has it that Ingres/Net/Win doesn't run under Win95, which
makes the Intersolv ODBC driver I just purchased rather useless. :-\

I don't have an NT option as I'm on a laptop w PCcards which, rumor has
it, NT doesn't support.

*Any* positive comments about the workability of the Ingres/Net/Win95
option most gladly received.  E-mail also please.

TIA....Al

--
Al Gill; Database Administrator
SPIE - The International Society for Optical Engineering

"Let me win, but if I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt."
- Special Olympics Oath

Ingres/Net & Win95?

Post by Jason Bad » Sat, 24 Feb 1996 04:00:00

>Rumor here has it that Ingres/Net/Win doesn't run under Win95, which
>makes the Intersolv ODBC driver I just purchased rather useless. :-\

>I don't have an NT option as I'm on a laptop w PCcards which, rumor has
>it, NT doesn't support.

>*Any* positive comments about the workability of the Ingres/Net/Win95
>option most gladly received.  E-mail also please.

>TIA....Al

Hi.  We are using Ingres/Net here mainly on Win 3.11 platforms, but my
personal machine has Win 95, and I haven't had any trouble with Ingres/Net.
I use it on a daily basis to connect to the database, so I can't forsee any
problems for you.

. Jason Badry

Ingres/Net & Win95?

Post by Irish Trade Boar » Tue, 27 Feb 1996 04:00:00

> Rumor here has it that Ingres/Net/Win doesn't run under Win95, which
> makes the Intersolv ODBC driver I just purchased rather useless. :-\

A couple of points ...

1. It does work under Win95
   Use the Microsoft TCP/IP and in netu, select the Winsock option as
   the transport.

2. There was a problem with the Intersolv Drivers. Anything less than
   version 2.10 had problems with blanks dates.
   These are not allowed in the ODBC standard.
   Version 2.10 up fills these with a dummy date. But you have
   to be careful when using them.

3. But the Ingres Net and ODBC are 16 bit !
   Which means you can't use 32bit ODBC and nice features like
   the Remote DAO in VB.

   The 32 bit Ingres Net is delayed and rumour has it that it will be mid year
   before we see it.

Dan Murphy
Chairmain

Irish Ingres User Assoc.
c/O Bord Trachtala
Dublin
Ireland

1. Ingres Net for Win95 & 6.4/07

We have been trying to obtain a copy of Ingres Net for Windows 95 and Ingres
6.4/07 from CA for several months now.
They have eventually supplied a CD marked "CA-OpenIngres Net Client for Windows
95 Genlevel 129803NMW12".

Will this work OK with 6.4/07, or is there anywhere that I can download a
version that will?

Thanks,
     Peter

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com

2. SQL Network Name Group Fails to come online after SP3

3. ingres/net%win95

4. How do I clear the pdoxusrs.lck file?

5. 1 - Ingres NET versions. 2 - Win95

6. Western Digital 40GB drives

7. Ingres/Net / ODBC Questions for Win95

8. Locking problem with SQL Server 7

9. I-Net & Win 3.11 or Win95

10. NewEra/I-Net & Win95

11. Upgrade from I-Net PC 4.1 to I-Net for Windows 5.01 on Win95

12. Q: Upgrade from I-Net PC 4.1 to I-Net for Windows 5.01 on Win95