Error Message "Cannot Quit Foxpro"

Post by Daryl J Friedri » Thu, 06 Jan 1994 09:15:08

Does anyone know of a way to trap/suppress the error message "cannot quit foxpro" in 2.5b Foxpro/Win?

When the application runs, the "main" window with the menu bar appears.  The upper left had corner has the
default type of windows "close" button.  By double clicking on this button, the error stated above appears.

Suggestions?

-Daryl

Error Message "Cannot Quit Foxpro"

Post by Paul G Hostetl » Thu, 06 Jan 1994 22:32:07

Quote:

>Does anyone know of a way to trap/suppress the error message "cannot quit foxpro" in 2.5b Foxpro/Win?

>When the application runs, the "main" window with the menu bar appears.  The upper left had corner has the
>default type of windows "close" button.  By double clicking on this button, the error stated above appears.

>Suggestions?

>-Daryl

You may wany to purchase the distribution kit. FoxPro cannot be shut down
while an application is still active unless you are running OS/2 :).
Otherwise quit the application first and then quit FoxPro.

Error Message "Cannot Quit Foxpro"

Post by n.. » Thu, 06 Jan 1994 23:47:49

Quote:

> Does anyone know of a way to trap/suppress the error message "cannot quit foxpro" in 2.5b Foxpro/Win?

> When the application runs, the "main" window with the menu bar appears.  The upper left had corner has the
> default type of windows "close" button.  By double clicking on this button, the error stated above appears.

> Suggestions?

> -Daryl

Daryl--

        I try my best not to let my users exit unless _I_ want them to do so in
the correct manner.  The best way to get rid of this one method of FoxPro
egress is the statement MODIFY WINDOW SCREEN NOCLOSE.  This gets rid of the
main screen's close selection in its control menu and disables the double-
click exit.

        Good luck!

--Nick

| Nicholas W. Taylor   | PO Box 2008,MS 6370 | Oak Ridge National Labs        |
| Programmer-mediocre! | Oak Ridge,TN  37831 | Martin Marietta Energy Systems |

|  With a knowing nod from one programmer to another....                      |