D3 Proplus 7.2 tape read of D3 SCO 7.1

Post by Jeff Walto » Sun, 24 Dec 2000 05:57:48

Anyone out there experienced this problem.....
I have a Proplus 7.2 system which needs to read the filesave tape created on
D3 SCO 7.1.  Both systems have a 4mm tape drive of the same model and brand.
The tape(s) are blocked at 16384 on the SCO system and the Proplus system.
When I try to read the tape on the proplus system the tape frame shows data
in the first 512 bytes however the remainder of the frame shows dashes (-).
I have tried defining the 4mm as a SCT in the pick0 file in Proplus and have
also tried the set-def-tape-blk command to set the block size to 512,16384 &
0.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff Walton
jwalton(at)texoma(dot)net