datamodel about...

Post by John Van » Wed, 10 Jul 2002 16:52:19

I would like to make a databasedesign about all kinds of money investments .
Does anyone know how to do so? (datmodel,..)

datamodel about...

Post by Kieran Elb » Wed, 10 Jul 2002 19:18:27

> I would like to make a databasedesign about all kinds of money investments .
> Does anyone know how to do so? (datmodel,..)

I know this isn't what you asked (hopefully someone else can point you
towards a datamodel), but FWIW there is a very interesting paper at
http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/jones00composing.html which discusses using a
simple combinator library to describe (and value) a large class of
financial contracts.

Regards,
Kieran Elby

datamodel about...

Post by 9rowzn01i00 » Thu, 11 Jul 2002 07:05:28

Quote:> I would like to make a databasedesign about all kinds of money investments
.
> Does anyone know how to do so? (datmodel,..)

Hi,

Someone mentioned the Barry Williams web site not so long ago:

http://www.databaseanswers.com/data_models/index.htm

Barry and I used to work together at Reuters quite a while back and Barry
has worked with many financial institutions, so might be willing to answer
questions if you find nothing suitable on his site.

I also remember that Arie Segev and students published some stuff on
financial models, e.g.

http://www.informatik.uni-trier.de/~ley/db/indices/a-tree/c/Chandra:R...
tml

There used to be an ftp site that had many of the papers and reports, but I
don't know if it still works:

ftp://segev.lbl.gov/pub/LBL_DB_PUBLICATIONS

Maybe Arie Segev can help you:

http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/faculty/segev.html

vr

--
akmal chaudhri

IBM developerWorks - http://www.ibm.com/developerWorks/
XMLDatabases ------- http://www.btinternet.com/~xmldatabases/

1. Importing to new datamodel

Hi!

I'm trying to use DTS to import data from an old non-
normalized datamodel to a new better model.
Is there any "easy" way to use DTS for import when there
isn't a "row-to-row"-match?
(one row in the old model converts into at least three
rows in seperate tables in the new model)

Or should I write a VB-app that does what I need instead?

Thanks for your help!

2. incomplete scan of tables with cursor

3. SQL datamodel genealogy family tree

4. Data Warehouse Opportunity - Oakland, CA

5. JApplet vs filesystem on server as datamodel ???

6. Binding an ADO recordset to a MXFlexGrid Control????? HELP

7. Help pls..Datamodel change control

8. Printer Orientation

10. changing datamodel

11. PDOX 5-report: 2 pages on 2 sheet with multi table datamodel

12. Change ALIAS in DataModel

13. PDXWIN5.0; OPAL Changing DataModel