SPOOL -LIST in Universe

Post by Steve Ste » Thu, 24 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I'm trying to get the output from "SPOOL -LIST" to print on my printer.  I'm
having no success (it always just displays on terminal, even though I have
done a SETPTR).  Running 9.4.1/SCO.

Thanks

SPOOL -LIST in Universe

Post by Richard A. Wilso » Thu, 24 Aug 2000 04:00:00

it has always been that way (back to 1979 anyway)
try
COMO ON XYZ
SPOOL -LIST
COMO OFF
SPOOL &COMO& XYZ

--
Richard A. Wilson
Lakeside Systems

www.lakeside-systems.com

1. Universe SPOOL -LIST nopage

We're about to switch over from AP/SCO 6.1.20 to Universe/SCO 9.4.1.3.
One of the last minute problems I'm trying to resolve is how to count the
number of Hold Entry#'s for a particular user.  When a user logs on, we
display the number of Hold Entry#'s he/she has and ask if they want to
delete them all.  In AP, "LISTPEQS 'user' (CH" did the trick.  I've found
no equivalent in Universe so far.  I thought I'd use "SPOOL -LIST" and
just count the entries in a Basic program.  However, I can't find any way
to prevent "Press any key to continue..." after a screenful of output
appears.  I've tried "SPOOL -LIST -NOPAGE", "SPOOL -LIST -NO.PAGE", "SPOOL
-LIST NOPAGE", and "SPOOL -LIST NO.PAGE".  I've run out of things to try.

Can anyone help me?

--
Steven L. Stein
Cornell Business Services

2. saving/printing a report to an RTF or DOC file

3. Universe/NT print spool problem

4. How to do this in SQL?

5. Universe/AIX spooling question HELP!!!

6. Print to File Prob - FMP6 Windows XP

7. Universe/NT Spool Question

8. Does Java support OODB

9. Universe SETPTR/Spooling Question-Problem

10. Finding spool dir. (universe)

11. How to spool to Unix in UniVerse

12. Universe - Cancel spool jobs

13. UniVerse NT 9.4 Spooling query