Converting FM Pro file from Mac to PC

Post by Erika Van Baele » Mon, 01 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

does anyone know how to convert a Filemaker Pro file
made on a Mac, to Windows '95?

Thanks,

Erika

Post by J?rg Amman » Tue, 02 Sep 1997 04:00:00

> Hi,

> does anyone know how to convert a Filemaker Pro file
> made on a Mac, to Windows '95?

> Thanks,

> Erika

If you use FM on the PC side it's fairly easy. Just make sure you got
the right extension ".FP3" and your PC-Filemaker should open your
Mac-File directly.
Since the available fonts may be different (PV vs Mac) maybe you have to
make some layout adjustments.
   Joerg

1. Adding windows FM Pro 3/4 to Mac FM Pro 3 network

I'm the volunteer administrator of my church network (and also the
database support guy).

We have a half dozen Macs of various vintages using FM Pro 3.0 (With
the data files on a local Mac G3 server), and the church staff would
like to add a few windows PCs (on this network) to have access to the
database.

A few questions:
1) I've read that FM Pro 3 & 4 use the same file format (of course i
have to rename all my macintosh files to 8.3, right?)  So I believe I
can use windows version 3.x or 4.x to read this Mac developed/hosted FM
Pro 3 database.

2) Is there a demo/trial version of FM Pro 4.1 for windows anywhere?
(I already checked on www.filemaker.com)  I'd like to see what kind of
display issues we might have before we pay for the windows software.

3) Any leads on good place to find a good price for the software?
(CompUSA in my area has 4.1 for $199)

4) Has anyone tried trading in a mac license for a windows one?  (I
think we have more mac licenses than we need)

Thanks,
Mike Nixon

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. The best / fastes way to SELECT with INNER JOIN's

3. PC Filemaker Pro v3 file to Mac Filemaker Pro 2.1

4. How To Create a cross tables constraint?

5. Order/Range Problems

6. Convert MAC file into PC file

7. Access vs Approach vs Paradox vs FilePro vs Filemaker Pro

8. PC to Mac using FM 4 and FM 5

9. Need to convert filemaker 2.1 pro (mac) to Access 97 (pc)

10. Converting FileMaker Pro - Mac to PC

11. Converting Filemaker Pro (Mac) to .dbf (PC)

12. FM Pro 5 (Mac) doesn't print to file