please help - going nuts with DSNless connection

please help - going nuts with DSNless connection

Post by luck » Sat, 23 Dec 2000 13:47:22

Help - the below is the script that UD has generated for the ADO (Connection
String):

<%
var rsObjective = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset");
rsObjective.ActiveConnection = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver
(*.mdb)};Dbq=E:\Members\x\Mr.x\mydb.mdb;Uid=Mr.x;Pwd=classified;";
rsObjective.Source = "SELECT * FROM Objective";
rsObjective.CursorType = 0;
rsObjective.CursorLocation = 2;
rsObjective.LockType = 3;
rsObjective.Open();
var rsObjective_numRows = 0;
%>

The below is the error IE displays: (also NN)

The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be
displayed.

----

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Open the www.cfm-resources.com home page, and then look for links to the
information you want.
HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
Internet Information Services

----

Error Type:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open
registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x6c0 Thread 0x75c
DBC 0xd35c024 Jet'.
/x/Mr.x/objective.asp, line 3

Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows NT 4.0)

Page:
GET /x/Mr.x/objective.asp

Time:
Friday, December 22, 2000, 2:30:46 AM

More information:
Microsoft Support

PLEASE HELP SINCE I AM PULLING MY HAIR OUT SINCE IT IS OBVIOUS ON LINE 3 OF
THE SCRIPT IS I AM JUST UTILISING THE DSN LESS CONNECTION - I DONT
UNDERSTAND WHY THAT HAS ANYTHING GOT TO DO WITH THE REGISTRY ON THE SERVER
SINCE THIS ASP PAGE IS GIVE "DSN LESS CONNECTION".
Please remove (spammers get filtered) in case of replying directly.
Thanks so muchhhh...

please help - going nuts with DSNless connection

Post by shh » Sat, 23 Dec 2000 23:30:27

On the question how to access your database using ASP please refer to:
http://www.intermedia.net/support/kb/default.asp?id=313

Intermedia.NET (shh)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Provider
Providing expertise in hosting applications

More Tips at:  http://www.intermedia.net/support/kb/
Windows 2000 Web Hosting:  http://www.intermedia.net/
For a waiver of the set up fee use "IMFREE" code

> Help - the below is the script that UD has generated for the ADO
(Connection
> String):

> <%
> var rsObjective = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset");
> rsObjective.ActiveConnection = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver
> (*.mdb)};Dbq=E:\Members\x\Mr.x\mydb.mdb;Uid=Mr.x;Pwd=classified;";
> rsObjective.Source = "SELECT * FROM Objective";
> rsObjective.CursorType = 0;
> rsObjective.CursorLocation = 2;
> rsObjective.LockType = 3;
> rsObjective.Open();
> var rsObjective_numRows = 0;
> %>

> The below is the error IE displays: (also NN)

> The page cannot be displayed
> There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be
> displayed.

> ----

> Please try the following:

> Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

> Open the www.cfm-resources.com home page, and then look for links to the
> information you want.
> HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
> Internet Information Services

> ----

> Technical Information (for support personnel)

> Error Type:
> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
> [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open
> registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x6c0 Thread 0x75c
> DBC 0xd35c024 Jet'.
> /x/Mr.x/objective.asp, line 3

> Browser Type:
> Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows NT 4.0)

> Page:
> GET /x/Mr.x/objective.asp

> Time:
> Friday, December 22, 2000, 2:30:46 AM

> More information:
> Microsoft Support

> PLEASE HELP SINCE I AM PULLING MY HAIR OUT SINCE IT IS OBVIOUS ON LINE 3
OF
> THE SCRIPT IS I AM JUST UTILISING THE DSN LESS CONNECTION - I DONT
> UNDERSTAND WHY THAT HAS ANYTHING GOT TO DO WITH THE REGISTRY ON THE SERVER
> SINCE THIS ASP PAGE IS GIVE "DSN LESS CONNECTION".
> Please remove (spammers get filtered) in case of replying directly.
> Thanks so muchhhh...

1. HELP--Going NUTS-->>DTS Package and Foxpro

I need a work around for this flipping error.  I am using odbc to connect to
a foxpro freetable and copy fields to a MSSQL2000 table.

The fox table has 5 different date fields in it. There is no constraint on
these fields...it doesn't care if a value is in it or not.  It does not
allow nulls either.
The date field in fox is a DateTime, the Date Field in MSSQL is datetime,
allow null

Anyway it is a pretty straight forward deal....just copy all from fox to
sql.  About half way thru the jopb it errors out with:
Insert error, (Fieldname),DBTYPE_DBTIMESTAMP, status 6 Data Overflow
Invalid character value for cast specification

thanks

2. SQL2000 XML

3. Help needed with DSNless connections :-(

4. Restructuring Paradox 5 tables via BDE API

5. Please Help, this is driving me nuts !!

6. hi

7. This query is driving me nuts - please help !!

8. using a dll file?????

9. Going Nuts ! Stored Proc and ASP

10. Full-text searching (Microsoft Search service) goes nuts

11. Going nuts over this error...

12. Going Nuts - TEXT/Blobs need to be the last field in a table

13. Going Nuts