Request for Information

Post by Kevin Patt ( » Wed, 02 Sep 1992 14:42:23

Hi,

   Hope some body can help me out.  I am looking for systems or softwares
that does the following:

   a.   Allow users to specify queries.
   b.   Monitors the queries against a database/real time datafeed.
   c.   If the query is satisfied, it should allow certain programmable
        actions to be taken.
   d.   The info base can be structured or unstructed.

   The above sounds a little bit like dyanbases or text retrieval systems
except that it must constantly monitor the databases.

   The system would preferably runs on unix, but even PC products are of
interest. I appreciate if anyone can provide any pointers. Thanks!

--
Kevin Patt                                     Information Technology Institute
Associate Member of Technical Staff            Singapore

1. Request for Information: E-mail Opt-Out

The Direct Marketing Association (DMA) is seeking information to
determine the feasibility of developing a new service that would enable
U.S. consumers to opt out of receiving unsolicited commercial e-mail.

Three key elements of information needed included:  consumer
registration and acknowledgment; data maintenance; and data distribution
to marketers.

If you would like to receive a full copy of the Request for Information,
respond to the Request or would like more information, please contact
Patricia Faley, Direct Marketing Association, 1111 19th Street, N.W.,
Suite 1100, Washington, D.C., 20036.  You can also send e-mail to

The association is not requesting bids or proposals at this time, but
may in the future.

2. kaio question

3. Request for Information

4. VFP5 - Deriving from class 'page'

5. FileMaker 3.0 Portal question

6. E-mail Opt-out system: Request for Information

7. Re-arrange data files

8. Request for Information on LARGE Sybase sites...

9. REQUEST FOR INFORMATION

10. Request for Information: E-mail Opt-Out System

11. Request for information