Close a vfp application

Post by Paulo Rogério Soares Proen? » Tue, 02 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Hello to all,

I'm new to VFP, and I'm writing an application with it.
When I run my application (EXE) and then I try exit with
system menu or Win95 buttons, my app prompts me with
something like
  "Cannot close Visual FoxPro"
How I solve this problem. I want the normal behavior of
a win95 application exit.

Thanks in advance

Jose Antonio Tavares

Close a vfp application

Post by Craig Berntso » Tue, 02 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Look at the ON SHUTDOWN command.
--
Craig Berntson
Teltrust, Inc.

> Hello to all,

> I'm new to VFP, and I'm writing an application with it.
> When I run my application (EXE) and then I try exit with
> system menu or Win95 buttons, my app prompts me with
> something like
>   "Cannot close Visual FoxPro"
> How I solve this problem. I want the normal behavior of
> a win95 application exit.

> Thanks in advance

> Jose Antonio Tavares

Close a vfp application

Post by Soenke Freit » Thu, 04 Jul 1996 04:00:00

about Re: Close a vfp application:

Quote:> Look at the ON SHUTDOWN command.

Yes - and build a class with a shutdown method - so you won't get
trouble actually finding your shutdown procedure.

Soenke

---
board-replys preferred, pm-replys to:

1. VFP 3.0, Close an application (EXE) with the X-Button

I use the _SCREEN as main-window (MODIFY WINDOW SCREEN TITLE "...."), then
I made an EXE-file from my application.

If I use my own button "QUIT" for ending the application, all is ok.

If I use the "X"-button in the right top corner of the SCREEN my EXE will
not close, but a message is shown (translated from german): "FoxPro cannot
be turned off".

Question: how can I turn off my EXE with this system-button ?

Thanks,
Reinhard

2. Tools to monitor Oracle applications response times

3. running other vfp applications from a vfp app

4. Not Null Constraint

5. VFP: Bypassing .valid() on Form Close

6. Passing Value from Form to SP Parameter

7. Closing a dial-up connection within VFP

8. MULT() instead of SUM()

9. Closing a Word97 Doc via VFP

10. VFP 5 illegal operation when closing formset

11. Closing VFP tables through ODBC.

12. Printing Report causes VFP form to close (not in FPW

13. VFP - Aborting close of form