RPL?

Post by jeff » Sat, 17 Aug 1996 04:00:00

There are a number of people who have the tools and experience for
converting that RPL to BASIC.  It would still be Pick, but it would be
certainly more open and more maintainable than what you've got right
now.

jeff george

: supports RPL?
: We have an old system which we would like to port as-is to a new
: box, but the bulk of the code is in RPL.  What are our options?

: Jackie Gribbon
: (tremendously experienced and talented Pick and VB A/P looking for
: a better job!)

: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/jgribbon/cv.htm

RPL?

Post by Jackie Gribbo » Sat, 17 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Is there a current, commercially available, Pick platform which
supports RPL?
We have an old system which we would like to port as-is to a new
box, but the bulk of the code is in RPL.  What are our options?

Jackie Gribbon
(tremendously experienced and talented Pick and VB A/P looking for
a better job!)

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/jgribbon/cv.htm

RPL?

Post by Tony Gravag » Sun, 18 Aug 1996 04:00:00

RPL is owned and supported by Realtime Software Corp in Des Plaines,
IL. (847) 698-4000.  They keep RPL current for AP at least on Native,
PRO, RS, DG, possibly HP, and R83, possibly others as well.  They are
working on D3 and I believe they are planning a D3/NT port as well.  I
can't speak for their development.  They are quite experienced at
porting any old system to a current platform.  RPL sites are still
being installed and maintained around the world.

Conversion to BASIC is not required or necessary, but is possible with
help from a few sources.

I created a web page for/about RPL awhile back, but never really did
anything with it.  You are welcome to chek it out off my home pages
at: http://homepage.interaccess.com/~gravagno/rpl.htm

If you do contact Realtime, tell um Tony sentchya...

>Is there a current, commercially available, Pick platform which
>supports RPL?
>We have an old system which we would like to port as-is to a new
>box, but the bulk of the code is in RPL.  What are our options?

http://homepage.interaccess.com/~gravagno

http://www.picksys.com            ftp://ftp.picksys.com
Any comments made under this ID are entirely my own and
should not be interpreted as policy or recommendation
from Pick Systems.  The manuals are back at the office.

RPL?

Post by Alasd.. » Wed, 21 Aug 1996 04:00:00

>Is there a current, commercially available, Pick platform which
>supports RPL?
>We have an old system which we would like to port as-is to a new
>box, but the bulk of the code is in RPL.  What are our options?
>Jackie Gribbon
>(tremendously experienced and talented Pick and VB A/P looking for
>a better job!)

>http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/jgribbon/cv.htm

Yes jBASE supports RPL.  Look at JBASE web site for contact details

Alasdair Munn
Citadel Computer Systems
Sydney
(don't have anything clever as a byline)

1. RPL documentation?

Does anyone know of an RPL manual that is in print or online?  I've
checked Amazon and Barnes&Noble and even RainingData's web site and
have found nothing on RPL.

I've just inherited a large amount of legacy RPL code and need at
least a hint on how to modify/debug it.

Gordon Durnell
SRC Diversified Group

2. (newbie)Arithmetic overflow error

3. RPL / Adds R83 bug

4. A license error

5. Looking for RPL Programmer

6. I'll Pay You $250.00 For A Programmer!

7. D3/RPL programmer needed in Auburn, CA

8. filter hiding all records causes vb to lock up

9. RPl Users Running MvEnterprise

10. RPL DATABASE

11. Eliminating control characters in RPL & Pick Basic source code?