TERMINAL SERVER

Post by Kennet » Wed, 14 Aug 2002 18:06:01

SERVER : TERMINAL SERVER (w2k)
2 CLIENTS (thinn clients)

Program (any delphi1 16 bit program with use of database)

Problem :
Program runs fine on the first client
When i run the same program on the second client following error occurs :

Error $2B05 (Permission denied) Error initialinzing the borland database
engine

I would be VERY happy if anyone have solved this problem

TERMINAL SERVER

Post by Gordo » Wed, 14 Aug 2002 23:56:28

Borland database?????

I think you'll get better response on another group.

<sigh> The Borland (client?) engine is probably not multithreaded, so
you will not be able to run it in more than one terminal session
simultaneously.

Quote:>SERVER : TERMINAL SERVER (w2k)
>2 CLIENTS (thinn clients)

>Program (any delphi1 16 bit program with use of database)

>Problem :
>Program runs fine on the first client
>When i run the same program on the second client following error occurs :

>Error $2B05 (Permission denied) Error initialinzing the borland database
>engine

>I would be VERY happy if anyone have solved this problem

 Gordon Bos
 Q-RY Solutions
 +31-(0)15-2564035

 http://www.q-ry.nl/

1. Access Client to SQL Server Using Citrix and Terminal Server

Our company is preparing to try this and are receiving various "opinions"
inside the comapny about whether it will work or not.

We currently have over a hundred users using our Access client to SQL Server
application, but none of them are going through Terminal Server.  Is there
any reason why this cannot be done?  I have heard...

1)   Cannot use the Access Runtime on Terminal Server.  This is how I have
always distributed the front end file and would like to stay with it, but
it's not a deal-breaker.

2)   Each person using TS will still need an individual copy of the client
file rather than being able to share a single copy.  I have heard this one
both in the context of SQL Server security (we use integrated security) as
well as any code that might dynamically alter an object (such as the SQL of
a QryDef when passing parameters to a Pass-Through).  Again, I could live
with this if true, but it seems to negate one of the advantages of using
thin-client (only one file to update instead of many).

3)   That performance will be terrible.  My suspicions are that this opinion
was derived from an "All Access" experience rather than an Access-SQL Server
one.

I would appreciate comments on these and any other TS/Cytrix issues when
used against SQL Server.

Thanks in advance.

2. Time adding up all the time

3. Problem using SQL Server Client Utility under Win2k Terminal Server

4. Ingres 6 connection performance

5. Terminal Server and SQL 7.0 client server

6. How to allow users to change password?

7. Installing SQL Server Client on Terminal Server.

8. RecordSet and IPersistStream

9. Sql Server Terminal Server

10. SQL Server on Windows NT terminal server?

11. SQL Server on a Win2K Terminal Server Machine?

12. Uninstall and Install of SQL Server 7.0 on Windows 2000 (Terminal Server)

13. SQL Server 6.5 poor insert/update performance when access by terminal servers