Generate an e-mail from Pick

Post by Kim Gatt » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 04:41:39

How can we generate an e-mail from Pick, NT or Linux?

Generate an e-mail from Pick

Post by System Admi » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 06:18:58

> How can we generate an e-mail from Pick, NT or Linux?

Search for "mail.wsf" in the new group comp.databases.pick

Generate an e-mail from Pick

Post by doug chan » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 10:47:23

Hi,
  This has been asked like a zillion times but since I am guilty of
asking first and looking later, give a little more info on what
version of pick you are running and what OS it is running on and we
will help .......

but one way to do it , is too call a script or sendmail directly from
your pick system that accept paramaters and then generates an email
and sends it.

if you are on windoze there is a mail program that several people have
recommended , but since I only use pick on linux/unix I have never had
a cause to try it.

Let me know what version of pick and OS you are using and I can
provide you with more details and sugggestions.

dougc

> > How can we generate an e-mail from Pick, NT or Linux?

> Search for "mail.wsf" in the new group comp.databases.pick

Generate an e-mail from Pick

Post by Mark Fulle » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 16:12:48

I see this time and time again in this newsgroup. If your version of
MultiValue has a sockets interface and you operate with a 'smtp' server it's
easy and can be achieved via DataBasic (this really is simple stuff). I have
an example program which has been written for Reality V9.1/V10.0 but this
should be easy to convert to another flavour of MultiValue. If you want to
see this example then contact me off group. (It will come with no warranty!)

 I actually call this from a Post Write trigger so that I can send an email
response direct from DataBasic whenever my file is updated. It works by
making a connection to an 'smtp' server (normally these run on port25) and
then sends the necessary strings of data via the connection to generate the
email.

Regards
Mark Fuller

Quote:> How can we generate an e-mail from Pick, NT or Linux?

Generate an e-mail from Pick

Post by Mark Fulle » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 16:26:38

Ok, ignore the large post in the title, I was going to post the source, but
at the last minute decided against this.

Mark

Generate an e-mail from Pick

Post by Daniel DRIE » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 04:02:10

We use D3MAIL product from www.infodata.lu, it's run fine, it's just a call
with same parameters (adresse, text, obj,...), it's run on LINUX, AIX ans NT

Daniel

Quote:> How can we generate an e-mail from Pick, NT or Linux?

Generate an e-mail from Pick

Post by Mark Fulle » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 21:52:33

Ok,

I've been inundated with requests for this code, it can be found at
http://portal.northgate-is.com/portal/knowledgebase/pids/kb_doc_viewe...
=KBDocumentViewer&dv_doc=08b9da64ac6011d7ecc78734e7800100

Yes, I know it's a long link, you may have to re-construct it depending on
your news reader.

Regards
Mark

<snip>I have

Quote:> an example program which has been written for Reality V9.1/V10.0 but this
> should be easy to convert to another flavour of MultiValue. If you want to
> see this example then contact me off group. (It will come with no

warranty!)
<snip>

Generate an e-mail from Pick

Post by Homer L. Haze » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 00:16:17

Mark,

Is it possible that the link below is broken or incomplete?  I pasted it
together and got a blank page.

I pasted it together in Notepad then cut and pasted it into IE and I got a
blank page.

Viewing source on the blank page gave me this code.

<!-- <script>
   parent.location =
"../../jsp/portal/com/sssw/portal/servlet/EboPortalLogin";
  </script>
 -->

Do you recognize this script?  Am I getting anywhere in the right vicinity
of your code?

Thanks,

Larry Hazel

Quote:> Ok,

> I've been inundated with requests for this code, it can be found at

http://portal.northgate-is.com/portal/knowledgebase/pids/kb_doc_viewe...
> =KBDocumentViewer&dv_doc=08b9da64ac6011d7ecc78734e7800100

> Yes, I know it's a long link, you may have to re-construct it depending on
> your news reader.

> Regards
> Mark

> <snip>I have
> > an example program which has been written for Reality V9.1/V10.0 but
this
> > should be easy to convert to another flavour of MultiValue. If you want
> > see this example then contact me off group. (It will come with no
> warranty!)
> <snip>

Generate an e-mail from Pick

Post by Mark Fulle » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 15:21:37

Larry,

Apologies, There is one character missing from the link. Try this one. I
have also sent you a link off group.....

http://portal.northgate-is.com/portal/knowledgebase/pids/kb_doc_viewe...
C=KBDocumentViewer&dv_doc=08b9da64ac6011d7ecc78734e7800100

Regards
Mark Fuller

<snip>I pasted it together in Notepad then cut and pasted it into IE and I
got a

Quote:> blank page.

<snip>

Generate an e-mail from Pick

Post by Homer L. Haze » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 00:20:26

Mark,

Thank you very much.  This one worked like a champ.

Larry Hazel

Quote:> Larry,

> Apologies, There is one character missing from the link. Try this one. I
> have also sent you a link off group.....

http://portal.northgate-is.com/portal/knowledgebase/pids/kb_doc_viewe...
Quote:> C=KBDocumentViewer&dv_doc=08b9da64ac6011d7ecc78734e7800100

> Regards
> Mark Fuller

> <snip>I pasted it together in Notepad then cut and pasted it into IE and I
> got a
> > blank page.

> <snip>

1. New PICK and PICK Flavours Mailing List.

Hi,

Just to let you know that a new Mailing List has been started.
This is to complement the Newsgroup. Most programmers and
PICK users do not have access to the News Group. So a Mailing list
is the only option for them.

Please DO mail a copy of any Jobs or announcements to the Mailing list.

Below are some of the details to use the mailing list.
To subscribe from this group, send a blank email to:

Then to Post a message:

Also please encourage your pick collegues to join the list be sending a blank email to:

Other Addresses:

URL to this Group: http://www.egroups.com/group/PICK-users

Regards

2. Measures in Olap Services

3. Help required on: Generating emails from a MS SQL server database

4. Using Java with IIS/ASP

5. generate SQL scripts then email it

6. COM-Gen 2000 Officially Released!!

7. Job : Sending notification to dynamically generated email recepients

8. Upgrade

9. stored proc to generate an email

10. Generating an Email to Notify About Disk Space

11. CAN A TRIGGER GENERATE EMAIL?

12. Help required on generating emails from a MS SQL database

13. generate report and email report