Setup.app trying to read d:

Post by Matthew Stampor » Wed, 25 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Howdy,

I have installed the Distibution Kit for FoxPro 2.6 and have experienced
a problem.  When I run the setup app it continually tries to read the d:
drive, which is the CD ROM on my machine.  If I press cancel repeatedly
the setup will eventually complete and I can make my install disks, but
this is rather annoying.  Does anyone happen to know what file I need to
edit to correctly set a PATH variable or if something else needs to be
done?  I have already re-installed the software and that didn't help.

Thanks,
Matthew Stamport

Setup.app trying to read d:

Post by PIONEE » Thu, 26 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Matthew,

That's a bug (Microsoft calls it a feature) in the SETUP.APP that comes
with Fox 2.6.  The only way I know to get around the error messages
"Cannot Read From Drive D" is to put a CD-ROM in the CD-ROM drive
--Before you start SETUP.APP in Foxprow.
This should elimnate the error.  VFP should have taken care of this bug.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Quote:> Howdy,

> I have installed the Distibution Kit for FoxPro 2.6 and have experienced
> a problem.  When I run the setup app it continually tries to read the d:
> drive, which is the CD ROM on my machine.  If I press cancel repeatedly
> the setup will eventually complete and I can make my install disks, but
> this is rather annoying.  Does anyone happen to know what file I need to
> edit to correctly set a PATH variable or if something else needs to be
> done?  I have already re-installed the software and that didn't help.

> Thanks,
> Matthew Stamport

Setup.app trying to read d:

Post by Terry Rile » Fri, 27 Oct 1995 04:00:00

See my message of 23 October. If you don't have it, let me know.

Terry R

Setup.app trying to read d:

Post by Cy Wel » Fri, 27 Oct 1995 04:00:00

>That's a bug (Microsoft calls it a feature) in the SETUP.APP that comes
>with Fox 2.6.  The only way I know to get around the error messages
>"Cannot Read From Drive D" is to put a CD-ROM in the CD-ROM drive
>--Before you start SETUP.APP in Foxprow.
>This should elimnate the error.  VFP should have taken care of this bug.

You can also rebuild the app and the problem will go away.  My guess
is that they built the thing on drive D: in the first place, and it
can cause that kind of problems when you do that.

* Cy Welch                              All views are my own *

* http://www.calweb.com/~cwelch/    Web Page                 *