COMBO BOX, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP!

COMBO BOX, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP!

Post by Fang Qia » Tue, 25 Feb 1997 04:00:00

 Newsgroups:
              comp.databases.xbase.fox

I'm using VFP 3.0 for Mac and want to design a form with combo
boxes. Everything seems fine but after I checked any item on
any drop-down list there is nothing to appear in the box itself.
In other words, I can see the list and check any item, but
nothing shows up in the filled box. I designed these combo
boxes using combo box builder and every step seems correct.
I would like to hear from anyone regarding this problem. I
want to express my sincere thanks for your kind help in
advance.

Fang Qian

COMBO BOX, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP!

Post by Andrew Jennin » Fri, 28 Feb 1997 04:00:00

On Mon, 24 Feb 1997 08:19:44 +0100, Fang Qian

>I'm using VFP 3.0 for Mac and want to design a form with combo
>boxes. Everything seems fine but after I checked any item on
>any drop-down list there is nothing to appear in the box itself.
>In other words, I can see the list and check any item, but
>nothing shows up in the filled box. I designed these combo
>boxes using combo box builder and every step seems correct.
>I would like to hear from anyone regarding this problem. I
>want to express my sincere thanks for your kind help in
>advance.

>Fang Qian

I had a similar problem when I first started using VFP. It turns out
that if the control source for the combo box is smaller (shorter
length) than the combo box choices no choice will get selected...

Hope this helps.