Getting Owner of file

Post by Dennis Komesha » Sat, 20 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I have a client running an application that uses Btrieve 5.xx under DOS. He
wants to get his data converted but the vendor is gone and he doesn't have
any idea of what the owner name is for the files. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Dennis Komeshak

Getting Owner of file

Post by Marcus Williams » Sun, 21 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Have you tried using a dump program to check through the database
program EXE files?

regards
Marcus

Quote:>I have a client running an application that uses Btrieve 5.xx under DOS. He
>wants to get his data converted but the vendor is gone and he doesn't have
>any idea of what the owner name is for the files. Any suggestions?
>Thanks,
>Dennis Komeshak

Getting Owner of file

Post by Euclides Carreir » Mon, 22 Nov 1999 04:00:00

try

butil -clone newdatabase olddatabase
butil -copy olddatabase newdatabse

E. Carreira

>I have a client running an application that uses Btrieve 5.xx under DOS. He
>wants to get his data converted but the vendor is gone and he doesn't have
>any idea of what the owner name is for the files. Any suggestions?
>Thanks,
>Dennis Komeshak

1. Table owner gets invalid object name

Hi,

I execute the following statement in SQL server 7.0

CREATE TABLE [usernew].[TEST] (
 [TEST_ID] [int] NOT NULL ,
 [NAME] [varchar] (15) NULL ,
) ON [PRIMARY]
GO

When I connect to the database as usernew and I try to execute

SELECT * FROM TEST

it fails with the message

Invalid object name 'TEST'.

SELECT * FROM usernew.TEST works fine.

Usernew is not the database owner
What's wrong.

Alexander.

2. Spanish Translation - libpq-es.po

3. Getting Owner's Properties ???

4. Diffrence between trigger for write and replication-write

5. Change DB owner/Table owner

6. Making a connection to SQL with a Trusted Connection (NT Authentication)

7. A database owner is not reconized as a database owner

8. Prodajem PC--------KO JE PROTINIK SPAMA NEKA NE OTVARA

9. SP2 blues: owner object not seen by owner unless fully qualified

10. owner name listed for OWNER column

11. ulimit question....getting file exceeds file size limit

12. Please help: d3 NT file-of-files not getting updated

13. Getting Long File Path from short Path / File Name