FPW2.6 printer skips additional copies of report?

FPW2.6 printer skips additional copies of report?

Post by Kevin Me » Thu, 20 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I customized customer invoicing using the FPW2.6 report builder.
There is a separate report form for the packing slip and the
invoice.  I have a dialog that lets them choose how many copies
of the packing slip & invoice they want to print.  Then the program
sends the reports to the printer X number of times.  The problem
is that the printer will sometimes "forget" to print a page.  For
example you might ask for 2 copies of each report.  You can see the
report printing dialog open 4 times on the screen, yet the printer
may only print 3 pages.  This is a Lexmark Optra R+ (Postscript)
laser printer.  I've tried changing the settings in print manager,
printing direct to port, even networked the printer (RPRINTER in
NW3.11), but it still occasionally skips a report page.  Why???
Any help you might have would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Santa Cruz, California            Sunbeam Alpine SI B9011324

FPW2.6 printer skips additional copies of report?

Post by Pete CD aka skipp » Sat, 22 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I too have experienced this problem in FPW26.  No matter how many copies
of a report I request I only get one.  I am using either of several
printers, some networked and some directly attached. HP4L's and 5L's.

What's up?

> I customized customer invoicing using the FPW2.6 report builder.
> There is a separate report form for the packing slip and the
> invoice.  I have a dialog that lets them choose how many copies
> of the packing slip & invoice they want to print.  Then the program
> sends the reports to the printer X number of times.  The problem
> is that the printer will sometimes "forget" to print a page.  For
> example you might ask for 2 copies of each report.  You can see the
> report printing dialog open 4 times on the screen, yet the printer
> may only print 3 pages.  This is a Lexmark Optra R+ (Postscript)
> laser printer.  I've tried changing the settings in print manager,
> printing direct to port, even networked the printer (RPRINTER in
> NW3.11), but it still occasionally skips a report page.  Why???
> Any help you might have would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

> --

> Santa Cruz, California            Sunbeam Alpine SI B9011324

1. Set skip to can't use subtotals and totals in reports Fpw2.6

Hi all,

Still using Fpw2.6 and set up a report using "set skip to" so I could have a
one to many relationship between 2 tables. I used RW to create a report
showing the many records to each one record and unchecked the "Print
Repeated Values" box so the report looks okay, but the subtotals and totals
include multiples of each of the "one" records and are incorrect. Does
anyone know of a solution for this so I can have subtotals?

Regards,

Steven

2. some more HOMEWORK help PLEASE

3. FPW2.6: REPORT FORM always uses the default printer

4. Runtime and Compress.exe?

5. How to Control Printer Attributes for a Report at Run Time in FPW2.6

6. Portal Question?

7. Save specific report printer(FPW2.6)HELP!

8. Remote views

9. FPW2.6 printing to network printer w/SET DEVICE TO PRINTER

10. Help -system crasches when copying charakter reports to printer

11. Getting FPW2.6 to use new additional memory

12. FPW2.6/WFW3.11/Novell SFTIII 3.11 - skip problem in get screen with browse

13. FPW2.6/wfw3.11 - skip problem in get screen with browse window