1. ASP with ADO Error ASP 0115
I have an ASP application running that uses ADO to access an DB2/400
The problem I am having is that when the script runs the .seek method on a
recordset I get the error :
error 'ASP 0115'
A trappable error occurred in an external object. The script cannot continue
Once I receive this error once all asp using the ADO objects on the server
then bring up the same error (where they were working before) until I
restart the IIS services.
I have run a VB app with the equavalent code in it to test the access to the
AS/400 using these methods and that works fine.
I've looked on the AS/400 and can see the job start, but it just ends with
no error codes, joblogs, etc.
My questions are:
Why should one error cause all ADO access to stop working ?
How can I get some more information about what might be going wrong ?
I am using IIS on NT4.0 SP6 machine with ADO MDAC 2.5 SP2 (2.52.6019.2) on
the server with the AS/400 OLE DB provider that comes with Client Access/400
Code in error:
'Create connection objects
Set objCnn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
Set objErr = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Error")
Set objRst = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
'Connect to the AS/400
strAS400Name = Trim(Request.QueryString("AS400Name"))
strConnect = "Provider=IBMDA400;Data Source=" & strAS400Name
objCnn.Open strConnect, "WEBUSER01", "XXXXXXX"
'Open index on recordset for control file
strLibrary = Request.QueryString("Library")
strElementType = Request.QueryString("ElementType")
strElementKey = Request.QueryString("ElementKey")
strConnectFile = "/QSYS.LIB/" & strLibrary & ".LIB/CNTLP.FILE(*FIRST,
objRst.CursorLocation = adUseServer
objRst.Index = strConnectFile
objRst.Open strConnectFile, objCnn, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic,
varKeys = Array(strElementType, strElementKey)
objRst.Seek varKeys, adSeekFirstEQ *********** LINE CAUSING ERROR
2. How to "Easily" create a listing??
3. ADO in VB6 Compared to ADO in AsP
4. Is there a way to avoid inconsistency in identity column's current identity valu
5. Unable to Addnew/Update/movelast by using ADO in ASP
6. OK-TULSA-23312--ORACLE-DBA Skills-RDBMS-Oracle DBA
7. OLAP, ADO, and ASP
8. Subscription to publication 'x' is invalid
9. @@identity, ADO and ASP problem
10. ADO in ASP gobbles connections
11. Unable to AddNew/update by using ADO in ASP
12. FOR XML query problem width ADO on ASP
13. ADO in ASP not returning @@identity value