Express / OFA Help

Post by hendrix ch » Fri, 31 Jan 2003 14:06:27

Help OFA/Express gurus,
  I have just exported a rather large OFA database, about 50GB +, by
exporting the top 10 variables as seperate EIF files and the remaining
objects as a single EIF file.
When exporting the top 10 variables, I have sliced the cubes up even
further. As a result, I have a number of EIF files to import.

My questions are:

a) Can I import the EIF files in any order ?
b) What happens if I import the files out of 'sync' ie not in the order as
they were created ?
c) Are there any implications of importing the smaller EIF files first ?
d) My plan was to:
        - create a dummy.db
        - import the EIF files
        - rename the dummy.db to ofas.sb

    Can problems with this ??

Hendrix

Express / OFA Help

Post by Renee Mille » Fri, 31 Jan 2003 02:11:25

Hendrix,

1. First import the eif with the definitions and small variables
2. Set the segwidth for the large variables as necessary (see chgdfn
segwidth).
   ** This is only necessary for Express versions prior to 6.3.4.
3. The order for importing the eif files with data will depend on how you
sliced up the large variables and the dimension ordering of your variables.
If you have exported each variable by year and you have a ordering like TIME
< ORG, PROD, LOC> LINE then import in order for TIME, the older times first
(assuming the TIME is ordered months, qtrs, yrs).

Hope that this helps

Ken Miller

Quote:> Help OFA/Express gurus,
>   I have just exported a rather large OFA database, about 50GB +, by
> exporting the top 10 variables as seperate EIF files and the remaining
> objects as a single EIF file.
> When exporting the top 10 variables, I have sliced the cubes up even
> further. As a result, I have a number of EIF files to import.

> My questions are:

> a) Can I import the EIF files in any order ?
> b) What happens if I import the files out of 'sync' ie not in the order as
> they were created ?
> c) Are there any implications of importing the smaller EIF files first ?
> d) My plan was to:
>         - create a dummy.db
>         - import the EIF files
>         - rename the dummy.db to ofas.sb

>     Can problems with this ??

> Hendrix

1. Accessing an Express Database from Express Objects/OFA - Problem

I have an Express Server v6.0.1 database which I cannot access from
either Express Objects 2.1 or Oracle Financial Analyzer 6.0. However, I
can access it from Express Administrator 2.1. The error message returned
is something along the lines of "Another user is currently accessing
this database read write". This is strange as there are no other users
presently even though both Objects and OFA seem to think there are.

Has anyone encountered this problem??

ps We have looked at the file properties and they appear to be correct.

Can anyone help?????

2. pgsql/ /configure /configure.in onfig/programs.m4

3. US-MD-ORACLE EXPRESS/OFA CONSULTANT

4. Help!!!--The Master Daemon Died without any dump files.

5. Oracle Express/ OFA Wanted (South East, United Kingdom)

6. install location of SQL7

7. US-CA-OFA/ EXPRESS

8. Problem fo Corel?

9. OLAP, Oracle OFA, OSA, Express Consultants, Permanent

10. Oracle Express/ OFA Consultant required

11. OFA / Express Developer, Contract

12. US-NJ-SYSTEMS DEVELOPER (OFA / ORACLE EXPRESS)