SYSTEM DSN DOES NOT SHOW UP IN ODBC ADMINISTRATOR

SYSTEM DSN DOES NOT SHOW UP IN ODBC ADMINISTRATOR

Post by Nam Ka » Fri, 07 Sep 2001 12:09:52

Hello Ian,

Check this key  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI\ODBC Data
Sources.  The ODBC Data Source administrator looks in this key to display
the name of the odbc dsns.

Regards,
Nam

1. SYSTEM DSN DOES NOT SHOW UP IN ODBC ADMINISTRATOR

Hi,
I am experiencing a problem that I do not understand.

When I run ODBC Administrator, the System DSNs do not display. In fact, they
do not display anywhere in ODBC Administrator. If I try to recreate one of
these DSNs, I am told that the DSN already exists and do I want to replace
it or cancel. The DSNs are in the registry under ODBC. The operating system
is Windows NT 4.0 sp6, the MDAC is 2.5 sp2, there is Office 97 sp2, Visual
Studio 6 sp4.

I have tried to remove and reinstall MDAC using CC but still no succcess.

Any ideas of what may display the System DSNs in ODBC Administrator?

Regards,
IAN LOWE

2. APOLOGY

3. ODBC not showing in system DSN

4. Problem With Data Session

5. System DSN doesn't show up in ODBC Window

6. Is Oracle Reports Developer Buggy, or is it just me?

7. Failure to see System DSN in ODBC Administrator

8. FETCH ABSOLUTE @N doesn't work

9. no user, system or file DSN in odbc administrator

10. Failure to see System DSN in ODBC Administrator

11. system dsn not displaying dsn names

12. ODBC system DSN not visible after creation

13. System DSN not shown on ODBC Data Source Administrator screen !!!