Varchar problem in reloading from unix 6.4 to NT OI 2.0

Varchar problem in reloading from unix 6.4 to NT OI 2.0

Post by A.van.Kesse » Wed, 31 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I guess the "default" format for the copy table statement as produced
by the unloaddb pgm has been altered to accomodate for "long vchars" to be
read/written.
From memory, the unloaddb uses a fixed-length 5 character length prefix,
followed by the (variable length) actual data. For long vchars you'll need more
than 5 chars for the length.
You can easily test this hypothesis by unloding on OI2.0 and comparing.

Happy hacking,
--
Adriaan van Kessel.
Ingres DBA, C/Unix hacker

(remove NotThere. from the above address)

1. Upgrading from 6.4 to OI 1.2 and 6.4 to OI 1.1/04

Hello out there !

Have anybody made a recipy for converting a 6.4 DB to a 1.2 DB on a Unix
server.
If someone have made a list from A-Z during making this operation, I would
like to have a copy of this list.....

I would also like a similar recipy if anyone have converted ABF
applications from 6.4 to OI 1.1/04 on VAX/VMS .....

Regards ....

Inge O. Seth

2. How do I use VB or Access to read an ISAM database of unknown format?

3. Timezone bug in 6.4, fixed in OI 2.0?

4. Table size limitation in SQL 6.5

5. OI 10.20/6.4 Star query timeout problem

6. postgresql

7. OI 2.0 on NT - Problem applying p6260

8. Windows 2000 & Oracle SQL*NET

9. OI 2.0/NT communication problems

10. OI 2.0/NT compatability problem

11. 6.4 compatibility with OI

12. Use Upgradefe to upgrade a database from version CA-Ingres 6.4/04 and OI 1.2/00

13. Upgrade 6.4 to OI 1.2