command line / menu line in ingres form

Post by Nathal » Wed, 12 Jun 2002 23:20:05

hello

stupid question : is it possible to change the place of the 'command
line' (with the menuitem keys) ???

I have an application which runs on a 8 lines-terminal . My form in
vifred is ok , I display only 8 lines and when i load my application
it's ok.

but the menu line is always in line 24 so i don't see it !!

how can i do ??

thanks for you help ..

nathalie

french version :

bonjour,

c'est peut tre une question bte ! est-il possible de changer la
position de la ligne de menu (avec les frskey) dans une grille ingres
?

j'ai une application qui tourne sur un terminal 8 lignes (terminal
embarqu sur clarks) . J'ai cr une form dans vifred avec 7 lignes en
repositionnant les bordures. Quand je lance mon application , c'est ok
poru l'affichage .. mais la ligne de menu reste en 24me ligne , donc
je ne la vois pas ..

comment puis-je faire pour qu'elle apparaisse (en 8me ligne par
exemple) ??

merci de votre aide.

Nathalie

Post by Dennis Roesle » Thu, 13 Jun 2002 05:11:20

> hello

> stupid question : is it possible to change the place of the 'command
> line' (with the menuitem keys) ???

> I have an application which runs on a 8 lines-terminal . My form in
> vifred is ok , I display only 8 lines and when i load my application
> it's ok.

> but the menu line is always in line 24 so i don't see it !!

> how can i do ??

> thanks for you help ..

Possibly this can be accomplished by changing the definition of the
termcap file used by ingres in $II_SYSTEM/files/<your termcap file>.
We've done just the opposite, extend the screen to 35 lines, but needed
to change the definition of the number of lines.  Look for lines similar
to :co#80:li#24 and change 24 to 8.  If you're using the default file
you will probably want to make a copy and edit that, and then set the
appropriate ingres variables to point to that file.

Dennis

command line / menu line in ingres form

Post by Roy Ha » Thu, 13 Jun 2002 05:27:40

Quote:>hello

>stupid question : is it possible to change the place of the 'command
>line' (with the menuitem keys) ???

>I have an application which runs on a 8 lines-terminal . My form in
>vifred is ok , I display only 8 lines and when i load my application
>it's ok.

>but the menu line is always in line 24 so i don't see it !!

You need to create an entry in $II_SYSTEM/ingres/files/termcap to describe your
terminal device, including the size of the display.  Usually you would start by
copying an existing entry that is more or less like what you want (say vt100),
then adjust any parameters that need to be fixed.  For instance you'd probably
change li#25 to li#8, and there may be other changes required too.  You also
need to give your terminal type a name.

You then set II_TERM_INGRES to the name of your new terminal type to identify
your entry in the termcap file.  (You can also create your own termcap
file--which might be safer since the default one could be over-written during
an upgrade.  You then set II_TERMCAP_FILE, either locally or globally,  to
point to your file.)

See Appendix C of the manual called Using Character-Based Query and Reporting
Tools for the full details of how to create/modify a termcap entry.

Roy Hann
<http://www.rationalcommerce.com/>Rational Commerce Ltd.
"Ingres development, tuning, and training experts"

command line / menu line in ingres form

Post by Raabe, Har » Thu, 13 Jun 2002 06:30:30

This article appeared in the June 20th Ingres eNews Letter.
It can be accessed from the eNews Archives off the CA support site or
directly from the URL: http://support.ca.com/techbases/ingres/4210.html
<http://support.ca.com/techbases/ingres/4210.html>

Making Character Terminals Behave with Ingres

As graphic terminals have increasingly replaced
character terminals, knowledge about customization
of the Ingres character interface has become harder
to find. Nevertheless, new users are still often
introduced to Ingres through the older, forms-based
tools such as ISQL or QBF. This experience can
leave a frustrating first impression of scrambled
screens and function keys that do not behave as
labeled.

This article, courtesy of Ingres Premium Services,
will demystify the scrambled screens and make
customization of the Ingres forms system
understandable and easy.

http://support.ca.com/techbases/ingres/4210.html
<http://support.ca.com/techbases/ingres/4210.html>

>stupid question : is it possible to change the place of the 'command
>line' (with the menuitem keys) ???

>I have an application which runs on a 8 lines-terminal . My form in
>vifred is ok , I display only 8 lines and when i load my application
>it's ok.

>but the menu line is always in line 24 so i don't see it !!

You need to create an entry in $II_SYSTEM/ingres/files/termcap to describe
your terminal device, including the size of the display.  Usually you would
start by copying an existing entry that is more or less like what you want
(say vt100), then adjust any parameters that need to be fixed.  For instance
you'd probably change li#25 to li#8, and there may be other changes required
too.  You also need to give your terminal type a name.

You then set II_TERM_INGRES to the name of your new terminal type to
identify your entry in the termcap file.  (You can also create your own
termcap file--which might be safer since the default one could be
over-written during an upgrade.  You then set II_TERMCAP_FILE, either
locally or globally,  to point to your file.)

See Appendix C of the manual called Using Character-Based Query and
Reporting Tools for the full details of how to create/modify a termcap
entry.

Roy Hann
Rational Commerce Ltd <http://www.rationalcommerce.com/> .
"Ingres development, tuning, and training experts"

1. Stopping On-line v5.x from a command line

Hi all,

Well, I remember how to start on-line v.5x but I don't remember how to
shut it down gracefully without a prompt from tbmode.  I would like to put
this in a "K" script under my Solaris 2.4 box, could someone please post the means
to do it.

I tried the following:

tbmode -k

and

tbmode -k << Y [EOF]

Both don't work the way I expected them to...

;-(

Yours,

Matt Silveira

2. Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

3. Command Line Processor - Multi-Line Support

4. Massachusetts - Oracle General Ledger Product Developer

5. Line-by-Line form EDITOR

6. DB to Container Field Script?

7. Ingres II Install From Command Line

8. Link to Infomix

9. Ingres OSL-passing parameters from command line

10. Function Keys and standard command line in Forms

11. Paradox forms accepting command line parameters

12. Osql replaces line feed with carriage return + line feed

13. convert multiple lines to single line