Export reports to html/pdf file?

Post by G.O. Jense » Tue, 05 Mar 2002 18:53:37

I need an option to "print to file" for a format that is easily viewed
on other pcs. The user needs to "mail" a report with correct layout
and such. Does any one have any ideas?

The solution must be 100% "transparent" so Adobe Business Tools and
PDF Printers won't work...

Post by Andrew » Sat, 09 Mar 2002 22:22:56

> I need an option to "print to file" for a format that is easily viewed
> on other pcs. The user needs to "mail" a report with correct layout
> and such. Does any one have any ideas?

> The solution must be 100% "transparent" so Adobe Business Tools and
> PDF Printers won't work...

I'm not sure why you're ruling out PDF.  Generating a PDF and sending
an e-mail through Fox is totally transparent.  (See the utility
classes at http://www.west-wind.com.)

Another option would be to generate HTML within Fox and e-mail the
content to a HTML enabled e-mail client.  Or, save the HTML file on a
Server and e-mail a link to it.

Andrew

Post by G.O. Jense » Tue, 12 Mar 2002 23:30:08

>> I need an option to "print to file" for a format that is easily viewed
>> on other pcs. The user needs to "mail" a report with correct layout
>> and such. Does any one have any ideas?

>> The solution must be 100% "transparent" so Adobe Business Tools and
>> PDF Printers won't work...

>I'm not sure why you're ruling out PDF.  Generating a PDF and sending
>an e-mail through Fox is totally transparent.  (See the utility
>classes at http://www.west-wind.com.)

Uhm, because this is EXTREME low cost and we can't afford to pay
anything for this feature... as far as I know, there are no viable
options to build PDF files directly from a fox report.

Quote:

>Another option would be to generate HTML within Fox and e-mail the
>content to a HTML enabled e-mail client.  Or, save the HTML file on a
>Server and e-mail a link to it.

Yes, but can I do REPORT FORM report TO HTML report.html ??? That's
what I need...

- Geir

Export reports to html/pdf file?

Post by Michael Che » Wed, 13 Mar 2002 03:33:24

Geir:
You specified in your first msg that the output had to be in a
standard format that could be attached to email.  How about Word.
There is a utility frx2word which is being worked on in the Universal
Thread - www.UniversalThread.com

> >> I need an option to "print to file" for a format that is easily viewed
> >> on other pcs. The user needs to "mail" a report with correct layout
> >> and such. Does any one have any ideas?

> >> The solution must be 100% "transparent" so Adobe Business Tools and
> >> PDF Printers won't work...

> >I'm not sure why you're ruling out PDF.  Generating a PDF and sending
> >an e-mail through Fox is totally transparent.  (See the utility
> >classes at http://www.west-wind.com.)

> Uhm, because this is EXTREME low cost and we can't afford to pay
> anything for this feature... as far as I know, there are no viable
> options to build PDF files directly from a fox report.

> >Another option would be to generate HTML within Fox and e-mail the
> >content to a HTML enabled e-mail client.  Or, save the HTML file on a
> >Server and e-mail a link to it.

> Yes, but can I do REPORT FORM report TO HTML report.html ??? That's
> what I need...

> - Geir

1. export crystal report to pdf file

Hi, ALL:
     Is anyone have some experience on how to export a crystal report file
to pdf file in VFP?
    If so, could u share your code with me?
    thanks a  lot in advance!
Qin

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Qin Yu
Walnut Tech Corp.
20284 Carrey Street
Walnut, CA 91789
USA

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2. data shaping

3. Oracle Developer: problem to export report to PDF (lost pictures)

4. Oracle Web Developer Vancouver BC

5. Reports 3.0 and PDF file generetor

6. Openserver question

7. PDX9 Report -> PDF file

8. Oracle & Raid

9. Writing report to PDF file

10. Access, Pdf file problem in report

11. Spool a pick d3 report to a PDF file

12. Export of Summary report to HTML won't keep format of data in layout