status 20 when running btrieve 6.15 on any type of system

status 20 when running btrieve 6.15 on any type of system

Post by Ginger Avenge » Sat, 24 Apr 1999 04:00:00

-- Help. I've encountered a lot of status 20 errors when running under
windows 95/98/NT. this problem has appeared on standalone machines and on
networks (Novell/NT and Pier to Peir). We use client btrieve in our
software. This problem seems to appear at random but in one case appears
every time they try to access our software after rebooting the machine. The
pc in question is a standalone and does not have any other Btrieve
applications. To cure the problem we have to delete the btrieve key in the
registry and set it up as new. all the settings in the key appear the same
both before and after reseting the key. and the problem goes back to square
one after a reboot. Any ideas may save the rest of my hair from going grey.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.
life is never wasted, when your wasted all the time

status 20 when running btrieve 6.15 on any type of system

Post by Bill Bac » Wed, 28 Apr 1999 04:00:00

This problem is a very common one, and one for which you'd be best served by
attending one of the Pervasive Service and Support classes (the Intro should
take care of it).  In this class, we go over causes of Status 20 and present the
"Big Picture" which discusses the Windows requester architecture -- and it will
literally answer ALL of your Windows-related issues.  (Some more detail is in
the Advanced class, but there will be enough to get you started in the Intro
class.)

Someday, I'll write it up for distribution -- unfortunately, the diagram itself
it not as useful -- the process of building the diagram is.

In short, verify, if you are using Local access, that your registry settings are
Local=1, Requester=0 for the 32-bit applications.  BTI.INI should have
Requester=No, Local=No, Thunk=Yes to force all 16-bit apps to use the 32-bit
settings.  Then, make sure that you have the correct DLL's from the workstation
engine installation available.

This should fix it up for you.
 Goldstar Software Inc.
 Building on Btrieve(R) for the Future(SM)
 Bill Bach

 www.goldstarsoftware.com
 *** Btrieve/Pervasive.SQL Service & Support Class ***
 June 9-11, 1999
 *** Pervasive.SQL Programming Class ***
 June 16-18, 1999
 See our web site for full details!

> -- Help. I've encountered a lot of status 20 errors when running under
> windows 95/98/NT. this problem has appeared on standalone machines and on
> networks (Novell/NT and Pier to Peir). We use client btrieve in our
> software. This problem seems to appear at random but in one case appears
> every time they try to access our software after rebooting the machine. The
> pc in question is a standalone and does not have any other Btrieve
> applications. To cure the problem we have to delete the btrieve key in the
> registry and set it up as new. all the settings in the key appear the same
> both before and after reseting the key. and the problem goes back to square
> one after a reboot. Any ideas may save the rest of my hair from going grey.

> Please help.

> Thanks in advance.
> --
> life is never wasted, when your wasted all the time
> --

1. Upgrading from 10 User to 20 User Btrieve 6.15

I need to upgrade my 10 user license of Btrieve 6.15 to a 20 User license.
I have already purchased the license.
The company who sold us the license no longer supports Btrieve 6.15.
Is there an easy way to upgrade from 10 user to 20 user?
Or, does it require uninstalling 6.15 and reinstalling the 20 user version?
I would like to make a backup of the Btrieve before updating. Is there
anything special that I need to do in order to backup the software?
In other words, if I mess up the installation, can I simply restore the
files and be confident that everything will be back to normal?

2. data type problem

3. Error 20 with btrieve 6.15

4. Performance Question

5. Want to buy Btrieve 6.15 for Netware 20 User

6. package oracle.sql.* what JAR file for OracleResultSet and BLOB classes

7. Status 94 with Btrieve 6.15 and NW5

8. how do I test conditions inside a stored procedure/function

9. Status 30 in Btrieve 6.15

10. Pervasive ODBC 2.04, Btrieve 6.15, Status 4 error

11. Status 2 on Btrieve 6.15/NetWare

12. Btrieve 6.15 Status 35 Directory Error

13. Status 81 in Btrieve 6.15 Workstation Engine