Experience with Nomad, VMS, RDB?

Post by John D » Mon, 18 Nov 1991 10:53:52

We are interested in hearing from others using this product on this platform
and in what luck they've had (good or bad).

1. Looking for experience with NOMAD, VMS, RDB

I posted this to comp.os.vms and comp.databases, but somehow (due to my
infrequent use of vi I suppose) most of my message was lost and it seems
that nothing at all showed up on comp.databases.  So here goes again.

I am with a company (Omega Systems) that is doing work for Allegheny
County in Pennsylvania.  We use DEC Vax equipment owned by the county.
We have available RDB and Nomad.

We have had some problems with Nomad, especially in the particular
configuration of VMS and RDB.  (The mainframe and PC versions apparently
present fewer problems.)

We are interested in hearing from others using this product (Nomad) on
this platform (VMS and RDB) in particular.  What luck have you had, good
or bad?  Are there experts out there?  Is there an active user group?

2. Help: TGrid OnRowEnter, OnRowExit ??

3. Looking for experiences with NOMAD, VMS, RDB

4. Work experience

5. ODBC to VMS/Rdb creates too many VMS processes

6. Allocating sequential key number when inserting row

7. Open/vms RDB Replication.

8. MSsystem_monitor

9. Replicating Sql Server 6.5 Databases to Rdb/VMS Databases (Version 6.1)

10. 6065-SC-Camden-VAX-VMS-DCL-RDB-Fortran-Programmer/Analyst