W4GL App to notify user of completion of an event

W4GL App to notify user of completion of an event

Post by Crickman Peter » Sun, 31 Jul 1994 00:40:42

Is it possible to display an application's frame to more than one
X-based terminal without establishing a separate connection to the second
terminal?  I have an application for notifying various users of an event
(completion of a file transfer, unix wall command type events, etc.) and
I would like to be able to broadcast a W4GL frame on multiple X
terminals.

Please e-mail to the address below if you have any comments.

Peter W. Crickman
Phone: (410) 792-6000 x4499  (301) 953-6000 x4499

Applied Physics Laboratory
Johns Hopkins University
Laurel, Maryland 20723

W4GL App to notify user of completion of an event

Post by gstil.. » Fri, 05 Aug 1994 06:30:14

Has anyone successfully connected Openingres 1.1 to Ingres 6.4 via Ingres Net

Thanks

Gavin Stilgoe

Post by Henry Crock » Sun, 07 Aug 1994 05:15:38

|> Has anyone successfully connected Openingres 1.1 to Ingres 6.4 via Ingres Net
|>

|> Thanks
|>
|> Gavin Stilgoe

Yes.  We have developed a Windows4GL application running against OpING 1.1.

We also were able to connect via ingres net to 6.4 data.

W4GL App to notify user of completion of an event

Post by John Simut » Tue, 09 Aug 1994 06:29:16

On Sun SunOS, VMS 5.4 and later, and on Rs6000/AIX NET compatibility was
just fine - inter-platform and inter-release (6.4 to 1.1 and vice-versa).
I didn't have an HP 6.4 installation to play on, but know of no reason it
should not work just as well as the others do.  I can't speak to VAX Alpha
AXP or OSF1, or Sun Solaris; those were not (yet) a part of my test
environment when the company and I parted ways.

John Simutis

W4GL App to notify user of completion of an event

Post by bl045268d-Thomps » Fri, 12 Aug 1994 07:44:19

g> Has anyone successfully connected Openingres 1.1 to Ingres 6.4 via
g> Ingres Net

g> Thanks

g> Gavin Stilgoe

This works fine, however, we have in the past seen the client (1.X) go
crazy during certain binary copies.
--
Scott Thompson, CTC (ISSL), (IH 4B-261), AT&T Bell Labs, Naperville, Il. 60566

1. How to Send User Events in W4GL

     Problem Definition :

          In Windows 4GL, we have multiple frames open concurrently. We
          would like user_events to be sent from one frame to another.
          How do we specify the name of the receiving frame exec in the
          SendUserEvent Command if the receiving frame has not been
          opened or called in the sending frame ?

          For example, consider the following case ;

          Frame A has the commands
              OPENFRAME B;
              OPENFRAME C;

          How do I send a user event from FRAME B to FRAME C ?

2. PostgreSQL Benchmark!

3. Problem with W4GL user events

4. Stream Compression

5. Ingres W4GL User Events

6. How to change Sort Order IDs

7. Writing completion status to the Event Log

8. data replication

9. GET IMMEDIATELY NOTIFIED OF IMPORTANT NT-EVENTS

10. Problem with notify events