FoxPro 2.6a upgrade available

Post by John Pauls » Fri, 07 Oct 1994 06:31:49

I was cruising the Microsoft FTP server today and came across the
upgrades for FoxPro 2.6a.  Here is a blurb that was with it:

This file contains the current list of files required to patch
version 2.6 of of FoxPro, FoxPro add-ons and the FoxPro
Distribution Kits to the latest version, which is FoxPro 2.6a.

Some previously reported problems have been fixed in FoxPro
2.6a.  A complete list of fixes incorporated into FoxPro
2.6a is outlined in the CHG26a.TXT file in the library where
you downloaded this file.

If you are not experiencing one of the problems mentioned in the
CHG26a.TXT file, then you do not need to upgrade to FoxPro 2.6a.

To update your current copy of FoxPro, you will need to download
the appropriate files from this library.

The CHG26a.TXT file is 17 pages long so I won't post it here.

I will spend some time to load the chg26a.txt to rahul, the other files
are just as easily accessed from:

ftp.microsoft.com/developr/fox/public/updates/current

------

FoxPro 2.6a upgrade available

Post by John A. Rober » Sat, 08 Oct 1994 03:29:25

Quote:>I was cruising the Microsoft FTP server today and came across the
>upgrades for FoxPro 2.6a.  Here is a blurb that was with it:

>This file contains the current list of files required to patch
>version 2.6 of of FoxPro, FoxPro add-ons and the FoxPro
>Distribution Kits to the latest version, which is FoxPro 2.6a.

>Some previously reported problems have been fixed in FoxPro
>2.6a.  A complete list of fixes incorporated into FoxPro
>2.6a is outlined in the CHG26a.TXT file in the library where
>you downloaded this file.

    In perusing this site,  I found nothing that appeared related to FP-mac.

    Is Fox Pro Mac info usually shared here when it is available or is there
a better location ?
                                Thanks,
                                          John

>ftp.microsoft.com/developr/fox/public/updates/current

>------

Department of Mathematics
University of Louisville

Post by Dennis Willia » Thu, 13 Oct 1994 09:18:33

Quote:>I was cruising the Microsoft FTP server today and came across the
>upgrades for FoxPro 2.6a.  Here is a blurb that was with it:
>This file contains the current list of files required to patch
>version 2.6 of of FoxPro, FoxPro add-ons and the FoxPro
>Distribution Kits to the latest version, which is FoxPro 2.6a.
>Some previously reported problems have been fixed in FoxPro
>2.6a.  A complete list of fixes incorporated into FoxPro
>2.6a is outlined in the CHG26a.TXT file in the library where
>you downloaded this file.
>If you are not experiencing one of the problems mentioned in the
>CHG26a.TXT file, then you do not need to upgrade to FoxPro 2.6a.
>To update your current copy of FoxPro, you will need to download
>the appropriate files from this library.

If you ever plan to run repetitive reports (dozens or hundreds of reports one
after the other) then I would recommend that you upgrade.  Foxpro 2.6 reports
steal memory from your Windows resources each time you run them and do not
return it.  Luckily the fix came out 3 days prior to my client reporting the
bug!

Dennis H. Williams
Personal Computer Consultant
Software Design - PC Configuration - Maintenance
Ottawa, Ontario
Office (613) 526-1930