VFP 6.0 Y2K scan tools

Post by Dawn Kinne » Sat, 26 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Yeah, I know.

Opinions on favorite/best VFP Y2K scanning tools? (Project and
table/dbc).  I am unfamiliar with the application that I have inherited,
and am looking for opinions on scan tools.

I have xBase Y2K experience, just looking for the best, most versatile
tool.

Thanks loads!

Kinster

VFP 6.0 Y2K scan tools

Post by Craig Berntso » Mon, 28 Jun 1999 04:00:00

VFP 6.0 does a pretty good job on it's own. Look at SET STRICTDATE in help.
There is also a Y2K whitepaper at msdn.microsoft.com/vfoxpro that will help.

--

Craig Berntson
Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP

Quote:> Yeah, I know.

> Opinions on favorite/best VFP Y2K scanning tools? (Project and
> table/dbc).  I am unfamiliar with the application that I have inherited,
> and am looking for opinions on scan tools.

> I have xBase Y2K experience, just looking for the best, most versatile
> tool.

> Thanks loads!

> Kinster

VFP 6.0 Y2K scan tools

Post by Dawn Kinne » Wed, 30 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I will change the question.  I am looking for a tool that can scan all files in
a VFP 6.0 project for specified text.  This isn't simply for Y2k, but for other
analysis as well.  I want to scan the whole project for text, I don't want to
have to open every class and form and object to do individual searches.  Is
there such a thing????

Thanks again

Dawn

> VFP 6.0 does a pretty good job on it's own. Look at SET STRICTDATE in help.
> There is also a Y2K whitepaper at msdn.microsoft.com/vfoxpro that will help.

> --

> Craig Berntson
> Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP
> Salt Lake City Fox User Group
> http://members.home.net/foxpro

> > Yeah, I know.

> > Opinions on favorite/best VFP Y2K scanning tools? (Project and
> > table/dbc).  I am unfamiliar with the application that I have inherited,
> > and am looking for opinions on scan tools.

> > I have xBase Y2K experience, just looking for the best, most versatile
> > tool.

> > Thanks loads!

> > Kinster

1. New Y2K Scanning Tool for Microsoft Access!

To help the users of Access databases and IT professionals prepare
their organizations for before and beyond the Year 2000, RDC Software
has designed a powerful Y2K date scanning tool, called Scan-N-Watch
Dates 2000, that allows you to scan multiple Access databases at one
time to flag you of potential dates and date/time formats that may not
be compliant.

Scan-N-Watch Dates 2000 was designed by Year 2000 consultants who have
worked for Big Five firms and an MCP.

For further information and benefits, please visit our website at
http://www.rdcsoftware.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. Running Scripts

3. Paradox ObjectPal Y2K Scanning Tools?

4. Char truncate problems with SqlServer and ODBC

5. old newbie and sql edit window in VFP 6.0 or SQL editor for VFP 6.0

6. Creating a Temp table using results from a store procedure

7. ANNOUNCEMENT: New SQL Server security tool - SQL Server 2000 Scan Tool

8. Paste result into a form

9. Using VFP 6.0 AND VB 6.0

10. VFP 3.0 to VFP 6.0

11. VFP 5.0 to VFP 6.0