Comparation: Express over Nt vs Express over Unix

Comparation: Express over Nt vs Express over Unix

Post by mmr.. » Wed, 12 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Good day, all

I'm looking for a performance comparation between Oracle Express Server
6.2 running over Windows Nt and running over Unix, with the same
hardware.

Where can I find something about this?

Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Martin Hepwort » Thu, 13 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> Good day, all

> I'm looking for a performance comparation between Oracle Express Server
> 6.2 running over Windows Nt and running over Unix, with the same
> hardware.

> Where can I find something about this?

> Thanks.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

HI
if you exactly the same hardware then you need an Alpha box, not an
intel one as there's no Intel Unix version os Express.!

But from mere empirical experience I'd say Unix would be faster and
definitely more scalable.

martin