ADOX and linked tables.

Post by Rasoo » Thu, 13 Sep 2001 07:44:32

(Win NT 4.0 Sp 6; VS 6.0 Sp 5; Office 97)
I have an Access database that is used to send and receive data from a
Sybase database. Receiving data is not a problem, however sending the data
back to the server proved to be chalenging. This is how it goes:

If I use the Access File menu to link a table from Sybase and then run my
action query everything works fine. But if I use the ADOX to
programmatically link to the specific table and then run the action query I
get error (Can't update <field name>; field not updatable. Error 3113). This
is how I use ADOX to connect to target table:

Set objCatalog.ActiveConnection = mobjAccessCon
Set objTbl = New ADOX.Table
With objTbl
      .ParentCatalog = objCatalog
      .Name = "dbo_" & SERVICE_EVENT_TABLE
      .Properties("Jet OLEDB:Create Link") = True
      .Properties("Jet OLEDB:Link Provider String") = "ODBC;" & CON_STR &
gsUserName & ";PWD=" & gsPWD
      .Properties("Jet OLEDB:Remote Table Name") = "dbo." &
SERVICE_EVENT_TABLE
End With

It is worth noting that I have check the property of this table in both
cases (when added manualy and when added programmatically) and everything
seems to be the same. Any help would be appriciated. Thanks

1. Using ADOX to Link Tables

I've got several applicaitons that I need to use an Access DB to link from
foreign data sources.  This was easily accomplished on the fly with DAO.

Does anyone know how to do this in ADOX?  I've been searching on the
Knowlege Base and come up empty.

2. US-North Carolina-Jr. Oracle DBA Needed

3. adox - change linked table Datasource

4. database/log backups display wrong dates

5. ADOX and Linked Table

6. How do you delete a relational record ? Pdox 5

7. ADOX and Linked Tables

8. ODBC Indexed Seek ???? How Do I do it ??

9. Using ADOX to create linked table

10. ADOX.Append Creates a Read-Only Linked Table to SQL Server 7.0

11. Linking a Foxpro table with Adox

12. ADOX and Access linked tables

13. Linking Tables, ADOX 2.1