Problems uninstalling 16-bit ODBC

Post by Don » Sun, 27 Jan 2002 06:49:54

Does anyone here know how to remove the 16-bit ODBC from a system.  We have
reason to believe it's conflicting with the 32-bit system with our Access
2000 adp project (which is connecting to an SQL Server 7 database).

The 16-bit ODBC was installed with Access2.  Supposedly you can use the
Access2 installer to remove it, but that doesn't work for some reason.

- Don

Problems uninstalling 16-bit ODBC

Post by Mike Sachai » Thu, 31 Jan 2002 01:10:39

We are successfully running the 16 bit and 32 bit ODBC on
our machines.  The problems arise when you have both a 16
bit and 32 bit ODBC datasource named the same thing.  This
messes up ODBC.  You should therefore give them separate
datasource names.  For example, for SERVER1, I will have a
SERVER1-16 (16 bit) and SERVER1 (32 bit) datasource setup.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----

>Does anyone here know how to remove the 16-bit ODBC from
a system.  We have
>reason to believe it's conflicting with the 32-bit system
with our Access
>2000 adp project (which is connecting to an SQL Server 7
database).

>The 16-bit ODBC was installed with Access2.  Supposedly
you can use the
>Access2 installer to remove it, but that doesn't work for
some reason.

>- Don

>.

1. Migrating 16-bit ODBC DLL (SQLServer) to 32-bit ODBC DLL (MS Access)

Hello everyone.

I have a C project that links into a 16-bit DLL. This DLL connects to a SQL
Server using ODBC (I have included in the project ODBC.LIB, SQL.H,
SQLEXT.H), perform certain data  retreival and storage. This DLL is called
from an EXE file compiled in VB3.

I need to migrate this DLL (the C code) to 32-bit for a VB5 project. The
data isnt in SQL Server anymore, it resides in a MS Access database.

I have the following questions:

1) Do the same (I mean the corresponding 32-bit version)
ODBC.LIB/SQL.H/SQLEXT.H files work for Access?. The SQL.H file reads "ODBC
Core Functions, so I might think these files remain the same for Access (By
theory, ODBC doesnt care the data source, right?). Contrary, There exist
ODBC.LIB/ACCESS.H (to say something) with "ODBC Core Functions" for Access?
Where can I find them and examples of usage.

2) Which are the issues to be aware of migrating the C code for a 32-bit
compiler? Any document on-line about it? How difficult is it? The old code
is written for Borland C (oopps!). Do I stick to Borland or leave for Visual
C++? Or its the same effort migrating the code for both compilers.

Id appreciate any kind of help.

Thanks.

2. How to create SQL7.0 version of SQL6.5 DB

3. 16-bit/32-bit ODBC drivers - NT Environment

4. Sanderson & Alchemy

5. ODBC 16 bit & 32 Bit

6. HELP with DDE

7. 16-bit vs 32-bit ODBC speed

8. CL - NET DIR & ALIAS

9. 32 bit bde with 16 bit odbc

10. 16-bit Application and 32-bit ODBC

11. 16 bit ODBC drivers in the 32 bit environment

12. 32 bit BDE with 16 bit ODBC Drivers

13. corruption of 16 bit db when used by both 16 and 32 bit apps