ADO - NT4 IIS4/Win2k IIS5 Interoperability

ADO - NT4 IIS4/Win2k IIS5 Interoperability

Post by Bill Semp » Tue, 25 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Try using .value, as in

RS.Fields.Item("Name").value = strName

Worked for me.

Post by Rob Nole » Tue, 25 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hello All,

Not sure if this is the correct group for this, but oh well.

I am trying to create an ASP script that updates a database.  Well, rather,
I created one using this method under NT 4/IIS 4 and it works fine using
ADO:

'Assume recordset created
RS.Fields.Item("Name") = strName

When I go to do the EXACT same thing under Win2kRC2, I get the following
error message:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01c2'
Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment: 'RS.Fields.Item'
/import.asp, line 391

Anyone have a clue?  Do I need to install some service packs, or anything
like that?

ADO - NT4 IIS4/Win2k IIS5 Interoperability

Post by Rob Nole » Fri, 28 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Will that also work in IIS4?

I am developing on win2k, but my production machine is iis 4...

> Try using .value, as in

> RS.Fields.Item("Name").value = strName

> Worked for me.

> >Hello All,

> >Not sure if this is the correct group for this, but oh well.

> >I am trying to create an ASP script that updates a database.  Well,
rather,
> >I created one using this method under NT 4/IIS 4 and it works fine using
> >ADO:

> >'Assume recordset created
> >RS.Fields.Item("Name") = strName

> >When I go to do the EXACT same thing under Win2kRC2, I get the following
> >error message:

> >Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01c2'
> >Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment:
'RS.Fields.Item'
> >/import.asp, line 391

> >Anyone have a clue?  Do I need to install some service packs, or anything
> >like that?

1. Win2k install Vs NT4 to Win2k upgrade.

We have a bunch of machines here.

My programmer has been unable to get his XML code run to satisfactorily on 3
of them.

The only thing special about the 3 bad machines is that they were upgraded
from
NT4 to Win2k whereas all of the clean installs do not exhibit the problems.

Does anyone have any ideas on what we need to change on the upgrade
machines.

The important machine is a customers so no points for suggesting a reformat
and reinstall of Windows :-)

Many thanks in advance

2. SQL2000 --> XML recursively

3. Different Ado Recordset State in Nt4 and Win2k!

4. WHERE CAN I GET MSACCESS-SQL UPSIZE TOOLS?????????????????

5. odbc write conflict after a new link table

6. Another (ADO?) discrepancy between NT4 and Win2k

7. Example posting updategram from applet

8. Another ADO discrepancy between NT4 and Win2k

9. Different Ado Recordset State in Nt4 and Win2k!

10. Another ADO discrepancy between NT4 and Win2k!

11. ADO Recordset State different between NT4 and Win2k!

12. ODBC Unable to get data connection to a .mdb on Win2K with IIS5