Fetching results by PvQuery

Post by Michal Wesolowsk » Sat, 11 Aug 2001 22:33:15

Hi
BDE Query component fetching only part of result query needed to display
data in application. It performs next fetches during i.e. scrolling down
DBgrid. If query resulting huge data set this is very usefull behaviour.
Using PvQuery I'm getting always full result of query which is very time
consuming on some queries.
What should I do to force PvQuery behaves like Query from BDE?

--
Michal Wesolowski

Fetching results by PvQuery

Post by Nikolay Grishaki » Sun, 12 Aug 2001 03:14:51

This is a known issue. Currently PvQuery reads all records on "select * "
before returning any.
We are planning to implement BDE behavior in PDAC in near future.

Nikolay Grishakin

Quote:> Hi