info request on OODBS

Post by Brian Ki » Sun, 13 Dec 1992 01:13:47

Quote:>We are looking for a commercial object oriented database system.
>Our criteria are:
> 1. It should be able to integrate with AutoCAD
>    or Intergraph Micro Station.

Whilst Oracle is certainly not OO currently, I know of companies
who have integrated AutoCAD with Oracle for process plant applications.
viz. use AutoCADas the visualisation tool and Oracle as the persistance
item, other applications are just bolted onto the pair of them.

Quote:> 2. It should be able to operate on platforms such as Unix, DOS and
>    preferably MS-Windows.

Obviously ORACLE is available on most platforms.

I am unsure whether any commercial OODB have yet developed an
interface to AutoCAD. I certainly doubt if it works !!

>If anybody on this net could provide some expert advice, it would be
>gratefully appreciated.
>By the way, has any one heared of a reported OODBS developed by MIT?
>------------
>Ming Sun
>School of Architecture
>Newcastle University, NE1 7RU, U.K.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Brian
--
Brian J. King        | Voice: +44 91 222 6000 ext 8558  Fax: +44 91 261 1182

Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 7RU UK | UUCP : ...!mcvax!ukc!ncl.ac.uk!B.J.King
Brian J. King        | Voice: +44 91 222 6000 ext 8558  Fax: +44 91 261 1182

Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 7RU UK | UUCP : ...!mcvax!ukc!ncl.ac.uk!B.J.King

1. request for info on OODBs

I recently saw a request for information on object-oriented databases
posted to this group, but there was no follow-up.  I'd like to prompt
some discussion in this area.

I have recently started looking at various OODBs.  Primarily, I am
interested in ObjectStore, Objectivity, and Versant.  Would people
share their good or bad experiences with these products and others?
Especially useful would be comments from people who are familiar
with more than one OODB.

2. unexpected behavior in simple query

3. Looking for info on OODBs

4. Database corruption MDAC 2.5 & 2.7 with access 2000

5. Info wanted on OODBs

6. MUSIC DATABASE

7. Requesting for table(s) info containing backupfile/device content

8. VB5,? ODBC, Oracle 7.3.3 : updateable dynaset recordset?

9. Mailing List Info Requested

10. SQL 6.5 to 7.0 upgrade info request

11. Request For 4.21->6.5 Upgrade Info/Experiences

12. Mailing List Info Request

13. ODBC driver proxy info request