DATA statement in "N" type records

Post by sysm » Tue, 14 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I am trying to simulate the function of the "DATA" statement in a "N"
type record using D3/NT.  I am new to D3 PICK and used the DATA
statement in Universe Paragraphs. Here is an example:

PA
RUN BP SELECT- CUSTOMER
DATA 111111

This will run the program SELECT-CUSTOMER and pass the string "111111"
to the input statement in SELECT-CUSTOMER.  I would like to use the
"N" type since this seems to emulate the Universe environment the
best.

TIA

DATA statement in "N" type records

Post by Ross Ferri » Wed, 15 Dec 1999 04:00:00

The trick is to put the "stacked" data on the same line as the
statement, seperated with value marks, so in this case your macro would
like something like

RUN BP SELECT-CUSTOMER]111111

Hope this helps

Posted At: Tuesday, December 14, 1999 7:26 AM
Posted To: pick
Conversation: DATA statement in "N" type records
Subject: DATA statement in "N" type records