Problem: version() does not work correctly

Problem: version() does not work correctly

Post by AF436A4 » Sat, 29 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Hi VFP-Wizards,

I want to know, if I amrunning a program from an EXE-File or from
the development-environment. I tried the VERSION() function, but
it always returns a 2 <=> development-environment. Whats wrong ?

Ben

Post by Richard Pupk » Tue, 02 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> Hi VFP-Wizards,

> I want to know, if I amrunning a program from an EXE-File or from
> the development-environment. I tried the VERSION() function, but
> it always returns a 2 <=> development-environment. Whats wrong ?

> Ben

IF RIGHT(SYS(16,0),3)="EXE"
  You are running an EXE file

1. SELECT...WHERE EmployeeID NOT IN (...) not working correctly

I'm an Access programmer trying to learn SQL Server and I'm experimenting with
Views on the ol' Northwind database that ships with SQL Server.

SELECT FirstName, LastName FROM Employees

obviously selects all the employees.

SELECT FirstName, LastName FROM Employees WHERE EmployeeID IN (SELECT ReportsTo
FROM Employees)

Gives me all the names of the supervisors (that is, all the employees that are
reported to by other employees).

Now, I was figuring that:
SELECT FirstName, LastName FROM Employees WHERE EmployeeID NOT IN (SELECT
ReportsTo FROM Employees)

Would give me all the employees that AREN'T reported to.  Makes sense?  Well, NO
records are returned by this query.  How come?

2. Low Performance SQL Server 6.5 !!

3. DBCC SHOWCONTIG not working correctly?

4. DbExport space

5. Help Please -- ADODB.Command does not work correctly in .NET

6. HELP!! a Newbie: problem with ADO

7. BUG: SQL SERVER 2k SET FMTONLY not working correctly on a db restored from v70 backup

8. Another stupid question

9. OUTER JOINs Not Working Correctly

10. left outer joins with a whereclause seem to not work correctly

11. Between operator not working correctly

12. Linking to SQL db not working correctly

13. dts export to fixed field not working correctly or so it seems