Current Working Directory

Post by Gerald Grube » Sat, 03 Mar 2001 01:22:20

Hi,

is there an opportunity to get/set the current working directory of a
session within a progress program?

Thank you very much
Geri

Current Working Directory

Post by Zaf » Sun, 04 Mar 2001 00:19:52

an example :

assign file-info:file-name = "."
       UNITE_TRAVAIL_L = substring(file-info:full-pathname, 1,
index(file-info:full-pathname, "\":U ) )
       REP_RACINE_L = substring(file-info:full-pathname, 1,
R-index(file-info:full-pathname, "\":U ) ).

(excuse-me, i'm french...:-)

Quote:> Hi,

> is there an opportunity to get/set the current working directory of a
> session within a progress program?

> Thank you very much
> Geri

Current Working Directory

Post by Miche » Sun, 04 Mar 2001 03:31:48

Hello Gerald,

        FILE-INFO:FILE-NAME = ".'.

        currentDir = FILE-INFO:FULL-PATHNAME.

is the best method to obtain the current diectory.

Have a nice day,

Marcel FONDACCI
_____________________________________
www.4gl.fr
FREEWARES and TOOLS for PROGRESS

Quote:> Hi,

> is there an opportunity to get/set the current working directory of a
> session within a progress program?

> Thank you very much
> Geri

1. Help, cannot get name of current working directory???

We have informix Online Workgroup 7.1 server that comes with
netscape enterprise setver/LiveWire Pro.  The web server runs
as nobody on solaris 2.4.  The following error message is
received when Livewire attempts to connect to informix database:
---------------------
Error in database
services:
[VENDORLIB] Vendor
Library Error: Cannot get
name of current working
directory.

Error in database
services:
Vendor error 1: -922

Error in database
services:
Vendor error 2: 0
--------------------

Does anyone have any clue of what's going on?
Your help is greatly appreciated!

2. Problem with sp_cursorfetch performance

3. Set current directory as working directory

4. Optimization

5. how to link objects to files in current working directory...

6. Oracle Advanced Networking Option - anybody successful

7. The current directory is invalid.

8. Declaring Default Value for Datatime parameter type

9. DataBase location in Current Directory VB4

10. Directory of current application

11. execute programs 4go in a directory different from the current

12. Determining current directory