P.SQL 2000 and Dos Access from NT...

Post by Alan Kamrowski I » Fri, 22 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I see that p.sql 2k install added to config.nt

DEVICE=BTRDRVR.SYS

and autoexec.nt

rem JSBDOSWS
rem BREQTCP

I noticed that the BTRDRVR.SYS works very well all on its own without the
JSBDOSWS or BREQTCP.  Is it a newer better way to "thunk" somehow to the 32
bit api layer?

Thanks,

Alan

P.SQL 2000 and Dos Access from NT...

Post by Calvin Su » Fri, 13 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Alan,

Yes. It is the better way to thunk under NT/W2K and it does not need
JSBDOSWS or BREQTCP.

Thanks,
Calvin Sun
Pervasive Software

Quote:> I see that p.sql 2k install added to config.nt

> DEVICE=BTRDRVR.SYS

> and autoexec.nt

> rem JSBDOSWS
> rem BREQTCP

> I noticed that the BTRDRVR.SYS works very well all on its own without the
> JSBDOSWS or BREQTCP.  Is it a newer better way to "thunk" somehow to the
32
> bit api layer?

> Thanks,

> Alan

1. P.SQL 2000 (sp 2a) Client access to NT Server

Trying to get my client machine at home set up again to run across our VPN
to the network server at the office and keep bumping into a TCP connection
problem (PSQL reports TCP/IP connect error = 10061).  The client machine is
running WMe and the server is running NT 4.0 (sp 6a).  I had everything up
and running before, tore the client machine apart to do something else to it
and now I cannot reconfigure it quite right.

I also know that I had this very problem when I set it up originally and
solved it with a seemingly simple fix, but cannot recall the fix.  Any
help???  Thanks.

Richard Burrell
Country Grocer

2. Free database course is running, join now!

3. NW server abend - P.SQL 2000 SP3 client to P.SQL 2000 SP2 server

4. http post

5. P.SQL 2000 performance on NetWare vs. NT/2000

6. Single User Mode problem

7. How do I uninstall P.SQL 2000 SP2 and replace it with P.SQL 7

8. SQL Server Agent: Mail Session

9. Upgarding P.SQL 7 to P.SQL 2000

10. Optimizing P.SQL 2000 on Windows NT 4.0

11. Please HELP - Accessing same database from diferent workstations crashes P.SQL 2000

12. P.SQL & Dos App give GPF

13. P.SQL 2000 WG & Delphi 6 connectivity