Configuring DBNAMES programmatically on WIN'NT/WIN'98

Configuring DBNAMES programmatically on WIN'NT/WIN'98

Post by tomm » Fri, 14 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I've succesfully managed to create a new entry in DBNAMES.cfg on WIN'NT.

When I use the same program on WIN'98 and push the TEST-button in
the "Pervasive ODBC Engine DSN Setup" dialog-box I get an errormessage
saying :

"An error occured while Windows was working with the Control Panel file
c:\windows\system\odbccp32.cpl".

Does anyone know why this message appears ??

Are there any pitfalls to be aware of on 98 vs. NT ,when creating DNS
programmatically ???

I've looked at the entries in the register and compared then with values
from a DNS created by the setup-tool and they look identical...

Please help me...

Tommy Nilsen

Configuring DBNAMES programmatically on WIN'NT/WIN'98

Post by tomm » Sat, 15 Apr 2000 04:00:00

The pitfall :

On WIN'NT the paths to the DDF-files can be something like this :
c:\catalog\client\
On WIN'98 it must be something like this : c:\catalog\client

I think ............................

Cheers...

Tommy

> I've succesfully managed to create a new entry in DBNAMES.cfg on WIN'NT.

> When I use the same program on WIN'98 and push the TEST-button in
> the "Pervasive ODBC Engine DSN Setup" dialog-box I get an errormessage
> saying :

> "An error occured while Windows was working with the Control Panel file
> c:\windows\system\odbccp32.cpl".

> Does anyone know why this message appears ??

> Are there any pitfalls to be aware of on 98 vs. NT ,when creating DNS
> programmatically ???

> I've looked at the entries in the register and compared then with values
> from a DNS created by the setup-tool and they look identical...

> Please help me...

> Tommy Nilsen

1. HELP - Error 50003 - VB5, Win 95, Win 98, Win NT

Please HELP!

I have developed an application using VB5 EE SP3 on Win 95 and have updated
it using the same VB version on Win 98.  The application is installed at a
client running Win 95 and NT.

When compiling under Win 95 and running executable at client site on an NT
machine, I receive a run-time error 50003 regarding the use of GIF files.  I
don't use any GIF files or picture controls.  I had a problem with a newer
version of the common dialog control - VB5 on W95 thought it was a picture
box - but I thought I had corrected that.  I am also using Sheridan calendar
widgets v1.08 build 2.

Can someone help with this one???  I cannot reproduce the error on my W95 or
W98 machine.  Also, I would like to be able to compile on my W98 machine
referencing the W95 version of the necessary controls.  Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Tammy Crebo

2. provider?

3. NT CONNECTS 95/98 BUT WON'T!?!?

4. Duplicate key problem

5. Win 98 SQL Server Registration under Win NT

6. ORA-03117

7. DUAL BOOT WIN NT WIN 98

8. Tab key setting

9. Problem: Developing on Win 98 and running on Win NT

10. SQL with NT client will and win 3.11clients won't connect

11. Moving from Win 3.11 to Win NT ?'s

12. sql server 7 and win'98

13. from SQL 7 NT to SQL 7 Windows 98 - Win 98 with DTS Data Transformation Services