performance problem under HP-UX

Post by Paul Beedl » Tue, 04 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Quote:

> oh. yeah. almost forgot. We're running on a HP 9000/827.

From my experience... upgrade your CPU.  I suggest at 847.  Also, since
this is a single CPU machine, I also recommend a single iidbms... unless
you can isolate the queries that table-scan.  If you can do this, I would
consider a server/class that handles reports/analysis and run your queries
that scan on this server.
|                                |                                           |

| Computer Sciences Corporation  | TRIS Division  (wireless telecom billing) |
| Champaign, Illinois  USA       | Home of the University of Illinois        |
|________________________________|___________________________________________|

1. performance problem under HP-UX

Hi, me again. While watching for another problem, I've noticed that our
6.4 installation, running under HP-UX 9.something, is not getting really
good performance. I'm running two servers, both configured for 32 users,
and both usually running with about 17. I've got a comfortable amount of
memory allocated, an oversupply of locks available, and a nice fast disk.
However the iidbms processes seem to chew up a hell of a lot of CPU,
mainly when doing queries which are scanning entire tables.

Our installation is quite active,and I do know that we have a reasonably
high number of rules and db procedures. Is it possible that this is the
culprit? are db procedures a real performance killer?

Any suggestions for things I should look at are more than welcome,
especially by e-mail.

oh. yeah. almost forgot. We're running on a HP 9000/827.

--
<damn, where's a good .signature when you need one?>

Robert Hook
Brisbane, Qld, Australia

2. Forcing running total summaries

3. Brio Query on HP-UX : BQ performance on HP-UX

4. Finding where the Data files are located through code or query

5. 19812-AZ-Phoenix-HP-9000-HP-UX-ORACLE-BAAN--HP-UX, Oracle DBA, Baan

6. NT on UNIX is it true?

7. Problem with INSERT

8. 19812-AZ-Phoenix-HP-9000-HP-UX-ORACLE-BAAN-HP-UX, Oracle DBA, Baan

9. 7.3.4 on hp-ux performance problems

10. Performance Problem w/ Sybase on HP-UX Disk Array Model 20

11. Performance problem - Informix,cgi-webdriver,HP-UX