Basic / FlashBasic reserved words

Post by Barr » Sat, 26 Jul 2003 13:18:01

Hi,

In the Pick D3 manual, section on basic / flashbasic there is a listing
of functions, some of them in the format ' exchange(7.0) '

I have attempted to use a couple of these functions on D3-7.3.0 / Linux
and the compiler will error on these functions.

What does the '(7.0)' signify.

What am I missing (apart from the obvious :-))

Regards Barry

Basic / FlashBasic reserved words

Post by Mark Brow » Sat, 26 Jul 2003 13:41:10

Try $OPTIONS EXT at the top of the program.  Some functions are not native
to the original Pick implementation, but are part of the extended compiler
functions.

I believe the (7.0) means this function is available in all release 7.0 and
higher.

Mark

Quote:> Hi,

> In the Pick D3 manual, section on basic / flashbasic there is a listing
> of functions, some of them in the format ' exchange(7.0) '

> I have attempted to use a couple of these functions on D3-7.3.0 / Linux
> and the compiler will error on these functions.

> What does the '(7.0)' signify.

> What am I missing (apart from the obvious :-))

> Regards Barry

1. Reserved words in D3/Data Basic with the verb COMPILE

Does anybody has a list or some information about reseved words in D3
Databasic when compiling with the COMPILE verb

For instance in R83 i can have a program like:

FOR="HOLA-HELLO"
PRINT FOR

and in D3 FOR is a reserved word. This is very clear , and not to
intelligent to use FOR as a variable but may be others no so clear

thanks in advanced
joseba real de asua

2. command exec in a Stored Procedure...

3. Reserved Words

4. rules

5. How to search for reserved words ?

6. Adding a third HD to a Pick64 system

7. ODBC (local) reserved word and SQL Clustering

8. Unattended install for a PER PROCESSOR licensemode deployment.

9. reserved words

10. reserved word column name in sql server 6.5?

11. Reserved Words

12. Strings containing reserved words

13. Reserved words...