YEAR 2000 "BUG": IMPACT ON DATABASES AND DBM

YEAR 2000 "BUG": IMPACT ON DATABASES AND DBM

Post by mbo.. » Tue, 11 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I am looking for information regarding the Year 2000 problem and its
impact on databases of any kind. If members of this NG have specific
examples of the impact of the Y2K problem on a particular type of
database, please forward the message to me at

The information is being used for two purposes:

1) a white paper for a graduate business class
2) "grist for the mill" as the University and the Libraries (for whom
I work) will have to deal with this "fun" problem too.

thanks in advance

Matt Bovee
University of Kansas

1. The "year 2000 bug"

Does anyone know how to handle the "year 2000 bug" in Delphi, I can't
seem to find any date formats in the BDE.

Also If I wrote an application in Delphi 2.0, can I compile it to run
under Win3.1 or do I have to revert back to Delphi 1.0 and recompile.

Last question is How do I handle Foxpro dbase files using Delphi. I
would also like to be able to update the Foxpro files. Thanks anyone
for any help.

Regards to all,

2. !Advice required please - slow SQL inserts

3. Question: Year 2000 bug and impact on databases, database applications, and database management

4. DB_NAME, INSTANCE_NAME

5. Year-2000 "Year" dictionary: Universe

6. DTS Error:

7. year 2000 "certification"

8. Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server - Catalog property is ignored when set through the Global Variables

10. Impact of "SET NO_BROWSETABLE ON"?

11. DB Login has impact on "RequestLiveness"

12. "Zero Impact" SQL Monitor

13. VB6 - Access 2000 - "Unrecognized Database Format"