foxfire, expense management tool

Post by jason eric sext » Mon, 15 May 1995 04:00:00

Two questions:

1) I am a lone foxpro programmer at a small business with 8 PCs.  The
other employee sometimes want to generate reports.  Is foxfire a worthwhile
product for this?
        a) I need the source code in case I later incorpoate Foxfire into
                my system.
        b) Do you have to buy a copy of Foxfire for each user, or can I
                have it used by all from a server?
        c) Who do I get Foxfire from?

2) My employer needs a VERY flexible expense tracking program.  Does anybody
know of a good user-friendly software program for this, particularly one
written in FoxPro with the _source_code_provided_.

Thanks,
Jason

Post by Allen J. Friedm » Mon, 15 May 1995 04:00:00

: Two questions:

: 1) I am a lone foxpro programmer at a small business with 8 PCs.  The
: other employee sometimes want to generate reports.  Is foxfire a worthwhile
: product for this?
:       a) I need the source code in case I later incorpoate Foxfire into
:               my system.
:       b) Do you have to buy a copy of Foxfire for each user, or can I
:               have it used by all from a server?
:       c) Who do I get Foxfire from?

: [ ... ]

As of about 6 months ago, if you buy one copy of the developers version of
Foxfire (which has the source code) you can distribute it internally
within your organization, as part of any application you write.  In order
to sell an application containing Foxfire to outsiders, you would have to
pay per-copy royalties.  You would need one licensed copy of Foxfire per
developer, in any case.

You can order it from any of the usual mail order suspects, or direct
from MicroMega.  They advertize in FoxPro Advisor.

Post by Shar Feldhe » Tue, 16 May 1995 04:00:00

Quote:(jason eric sexton) writes:

>Two questions:

>1) I am a lone foxpro programmer at a small business with 8 PCs.  The
>other employee sometimes want to generate reports.  Is foxfire a
worthwhile
>product for this?
>    a) I need the source code in case I later incorpoate Foxfire into
>            my system.
>    b) Do you have to buy a copy of Foxfire for each user, or can I
>            have it used by all from a server?
>    c) Who do I get Foxfire from?

>2) My employer needs a VERY flexible expense tracking program.  Does
anybody
>know of a good user-friendly software program for this, particularly
one
>written in FoxPro with the _source_code_provided_.

>Thanks,
>Jason

Foxfire comes with Source code in the developer's edition. Single user
an LAN versions are available.

Contact: Micromega Systems, Inc.
    800/453-6655
Compuserve: 73354,1750

Best...

1. CASE Tools - Genifer Vs FoxFire Vs InfoModler

I am new to FoxPro and have received information on a number of CASE
tools.  I am starting a FoxPro (2.6/windows) project which involves a
small peer-to-peer network (WFW) and requires a very simple user
interface (very naive users).

I would like to speed up the design process (especially prototypes to
demo for the client) and provide tools test my program before release.
I have used CASE tools for other projects and have found them useful.
My questions are:

    1. Does the FoxPro Professional package contain all the tools needed
       to develop an application?

    2. Are there any 3rd party tools which are VERY helpful in designing
       windows/FoxPro applications?  (I don't want to waste $300-$800 on
       a 3rd party program if FoxPro already can handle the task itself)

Thanks and I'll summarize the responses if there's interest.
--

2. Reading logical logs

3. NY-NEW YORK-228026--Project Management-Database Design-CASE Tools-Management-ORA

4. borland vs. ms

5. criteria for Copy management tools / ETL-tools

6. Software Development and Database to Web Development Available

7. MSDE Management tools

8. Info Required On Progress V8 Please

9. Management dashboard tools

10. SQL management tools

11. What management tools are available?

12. Finding Database Management Tools

13. Looking for a tool for enterprise management