Configuring MS Search Engine or Full Text Indexing

Configuring MS Search Engine or Full Text Indexing

Post by j » Thu, 10 Oct 2002 02:47:33

If the answer to the below is already posted... please point me to the
posting.

Inside a table, I need to store text in RTF(Rich Text Format) and take
advantage of full text indexing. I would like the search engine to use
the "\" character as a delimiter in the same manner as it uses the
"."character.  For example, if you have a column that is using Full
Text Indexing in SQL Server 2000 and the string in said column is
"Rich Text.", when you do a search using the string "Rich Text" you
will get a hit for the EXACT word search.  The search engine knows
that the period is not part of the last word.  Now, if I want to store
the data in RTF it looks something like this "\ul\b rich
text\ulnone\b0", if you search the field using the string "Rich Text"
you will NOT get a hit on the EXACT phrase "rich text" unless you
include the wild card "*" on the end of the search string.  Finally my
question.  Does anybody know how to configure the search engine or
full text indexing so that the "\" character will be used the same way
as a white space or the "." character?

I appreciate any helpful responses.

JB

1. Configuring MS Search Engine or Full Text Indexing

[...]

2. Replication without IIS

3. Biblio.vbp doesn't run in VB4.0(16-bit)

4. Linked Server - Read only

5. setup error in MS Full-Text Search Engine package failed

6. Copy from stdin

7. setup sql server 2000 error in MS Full-Text Search Engine package

8. Need help with Full text search indexes in MS SQL 7.0

9. SQL 7.0 and Full Text Search Engine

10. full text search engine

11. Full-Text Search Engine (Native & Options)